• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you dispose of your rabbit waste?

How do you dispose of your rabbit waste?

• Compost it

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Burn it

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Put it out with the dustbin rubbish

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • Other (please say!)

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters
Poo and hay go in the garden recycle bin (they arent supposed to but I cant see it doing any harm) the rest goes in bin bags and Shawn puts it in the skip at work. Its usually only 1-2 bags a week so not too bad

I compost mine, but my five compost bins are now pretty much overflowing, so some goes into the garden waste bin. o/h hopefully getting more pallets soon to build yet more compost bins. Soon I won't have a garden, just a bunny waste tip!

i have just purchased a garden waste bin from the council (well 2 actually - i have a very overgrown garden) and it can all go in there as it is on the list of accepted waste :) very good coz i can't often fill it in the general waste bin

I ticked other as it goes in the green recycling bin because rabbit poo doesnt need time to break down. My green bin is always full at the end of the fortnight

I ticked 'other' but it goes with the green waste that our council collects weekly (food waste, garden waste etc). It's then composted on a large scale so I suppose I could also have ticked 'composted', although I don't actually do it myself.

I pay £40 a quater for a commercial bin- it is collected every friday for me. I also have my normal collections. It is worth it though- i used to pay for bulk collections of £25 when the waste used to back up. Now i don't have any addtional bags- you can get different sizes too, not just the same size as your normal bin, but bigger.

I don't have any views on what other people do with there waste- it's up to them.

I voted 'compost' but as our compost bin is now pretty full we will be putting in the normal bin for a while.

Our stupid Council doesn't allow animal waste (even Herbivore waste like rabbits' waste!) to be put in the Green bin - :roll: - otherwise I'd happily put in there. I do occasionally stick some in there with weeds piled on top though! It *should* go in there as it's all compostable so I hide it amongst other stuff as I think it's crazy to put it in the normal bin really..... although our Council only do Green bin collection from March to October anyway.

I plan to buy a tumbling composter in the hope that it will compost faster so I can compost all their waste (and the piggies' waste too).

I don't know if I could seperate out the newspaper for recycling though - it gets too soggy!! :shock:

:shock::shock: I though i told you the other week that you can`t use the word pikey. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Is there another thread about this? I am confused, I wrote about taking mine to the tip and the tip monkey wouldn't let me put it in the compostable skip?????:?

Last edited:
Some I hide in my brown bin amongst the grass and stuff, and when thats full I take the rest to our allotment to burn.

Oooh good idea :thumb: I am going to do that with the hay - mine are cleaned out everyday and some of the hay is actually clean - I do put the bunny poops from the lawn in the compost bin but, it's almost full and the hay and megazorb would fill it in no-time, going to investigate why I can't put it in the garden skip at the tip - bit miffed about that.

Oooh good idea :thumb: I am going to do that with the hay - mine are cleaned out everyday and some of the hay is actually clean - I do put the bunny poops from the lawn in the compost bin but, it's almost full and the hay and megazorb would fill it in no-time, going to investigate why I can't put it in the garden skip at the tip - bit miffed about that.

I used to just put it in the brown bin and not worry about it, until one day the waste was on the top and the bin men didn't take it :? I contacted the council and they confirmed that they wouldn't so now I just hide it. I can't see what the problem is!

I used to just put it in the brown bin and not worry about it, until one day the waste was on the top and the bin men didn't take it :? I contacted the council and they confirmed that they wouldn't so now I just hide it. I can't see what the problem is!

We have 2 bins one for refuse and one for recyclables like aluminum, paper etc I wouldn't be able to put it in there - is that what you mean? I will put some hay in my garden recycling sack though, we have a garden waste collection service and have hessian type sacks quite big, I can deffo get some hay in there.

We have 2 bins one for refuse and one for recyclables like aluminum, paper etc I wouldn't be able to put it in there - is that what you mean? I will put some hay in my garden recycling sack though, we have a garden waste collection service and have hessian type sacks quite big, I can deffo get some hay in there.

We have three, one for recyclables, one for rubbish and one for garden waste. The garden waste one is the one I sneak the rabbit stuff in ;)

I put compost but we do try to put out for dustbin man but they will not take garden waste and you have to pay to have a bag to put it in.

so we have to compost it

We have 3 bins, a grey one for normal 'bin' stuff (put in bin bags), a blue one for glass, metal, plastic etc and a green bin for garden stuff (hedge/grass trimmings, weeds, branches etc) and just checked on the council website and it says its ok for - Animal bedding, including sawdust, straw, etc. So I'm gonna start putting it in that (previously I put it in the normal household bin in black bags).

I take it this doesn't mean I have to sieve out the poops?

Its only collected every other week - would it be ok leaving it in there that long?

just put it in the black bin with everything else ....... and when my bin gets full i use my neighbours bin :oops::oops: ( but only when they're out :lol:)

Ha Ha. Sounds familiar, I do have their permission though.:lol::lol::lol:
(Mine goes in the brown bin):wave:

Back