• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do fosterers cope?

no no no I am a sort of Failed one again I moved Fatty on but not to anyone moved him on to you heheheh .At the moment I am thinking no more myself for a wee while .As I know its going to be very hard to let the babies go .

I'll keep him here for you for a couple of days until you realise you miss him too much :lol:. Would make a lovely hubby for Hope ;).

Missed their little faces at breakfast time this morning, but I do feel that it was best for them that they moved on.

Not sure if I'm cut out for fostering though :(.

When we used to rehome I fostered quite a lot of buns, particularly babaies upto neutering stage.

I failed with the first one (see Roger below!),but then realised that if I wanted to help the rescue long term there was no point just filling up my spaces with permanents.

There are a few that stick in my mind and I would take them back in a heartbeat, but the 4 I have on foster now from the sanctuary will stay with me for the rest of their lives.

I cried. A lot. She was only meant to be very short term....but my Bea monster ended up staying for 3 months cause I couldn't decide who to rehome her to. I definately helped having J say that under no circs was she staying forever....I have to have someone tell me no that I cant argue with :oops:
I went and visited her at her new home a couple of months back and it was wonderfull seeing her so happy and in love :love:
I get updates from her mum quite a lot too which helps :wave:
I'd love to foster again...maybe next time J goes away ;)

Back