• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you chose your bunnies names?

Benji was Benjamin Bunny.. original, I know :lol: Peanut just looked like a Peanut, but his full name was Peanut Butter. Nahla was originally going to be Daisy but when I saw how fluffy she is (she's a lionhead) I wanted to give her a lion name, so she was named after Nala from the Lion King, but with an added h :)

Cupcake was called Ruby by her previous owners, but seeing as one of our dogs is a Ruby I ended up calling her "my little Cupcake" for a few days and it just stuck. I don't think the name Ruby suited her at all. Pud came to me on Boxing Day so he was named after Christmas pudding... his actual name is Pudding Pie :oops:

I really prefer food names, I'm not sure why. I've got my eye on a rescue bunny at the moment but he has a human name, and I can't decide what I'd call him if I ever did get him :lol:

Last edited:
Spenser is named after the 16th century poet I wrote on for my PhD. His middle name is 'Milton', another poet!

I'm not sure at which point he was given his full title of Lord Spenser Milton Sparklepants. :?

Does your vet have to come out and call 'Lord Spenser Milton Sparklepants' to the waiting room? :lol:

Rosie's name was Thumpy when i rehomed her but she stopped thumping once I got her out of her little hutch so she needed a new one and it just suited her.

Fiver came with his name from the rescue and I kept it despite everyone wanting me to change it to Jim.

mabel as she is sable colouring - so mabel the sable :lol:
sox, as the best rabbit i ever owned his nickname was lox and as he is his brother wanted something to fit

Rosie's name was Thumpy when i rehomed her but she stopped thumping once I got her out of her little hutch so she needed a new one and it just suited her.

Fiver came with his name from the rescue and I kept it despite everyone wanting me to change it to Jim.

Haha! I actually have a Rosie & Jim mug! Now I have the tune in my head.

My bunny was called Jaffa when I adopted him. I assume because he is a gingery orange colour.

My mom named Poppy because when we first had her she just pooed everywhere, my dad said something like "look at all the pops she's popping!" so my mom decided on Poppy :lol: I wanted to call her Poppet but.. :roll:

My sister named Lola. I wanted to call her Sunny .. :lol: but my sister said "what about Lola?" and my mom agreed, then it stuck!

I named Donny as I wanted a TMNT group :oops: Donatello!

I named Leo... Leonardo! :p previous name was Bambi so that is his middle name :p

The new girl who we're hopefully adopting (Leo better bond with her! :lol:) is called Elena but to save confusion with Elena the forum member, I think we might change it :lol: although it is a lovely name and my mom keeps saying it so it will probably stick :roll: :lol: I have a greek god/goddess theme with my hamsters (Apollo - god of the sun etc etc & Phoebe - titan goddess of the moon) so maybe I could go on that.. or just call her Ellie :lol:

I fell in love with baby Blackberry at first sight - he was tiny and shiny and black, so needed a name suitable for that :) He was with his brothers and daddy, so I wanted names to be similar, so we had Buttercup, Dandelion and Clover (we didn't know the sexes when I first saw them, but I knew they would be coming home with me and wanted them to have names straight away :lol:) I don't think Buttercup cares that he has a girls name, but I'm not sure Clover has ever quite forgiven me :lol:

When we got Lady Jane Willoughby she was called Jane at the rescue (as in plain Jane, cos she was small and scraggy and greyish brown with no mane). She was meant to be Butter's wife (she had other ideas) so I wanted another plant name, and liked Willow. She was called Willow for a few days, then we decided she was a bit of a diva and needed a posher name :lol: So we kept the original Jane, added a Lady in front, and popped 'Willow' into the surname - hence Lady Jane Willoughby :D

I fell in love with baby Blackberry at first sight - he was tiny and shiny and black, so needed a name suitable for that :) He was with his brothers and daddy, so I wanted names to be similar, so we had Buttercup, Dandelion and Clover (we didn't know the sexes when I first saw them, but I knew they would be coming home with me and wanted them to have names straight away :lol:) I don't think Buttercup cares that he has a girls name, but I'm not sure Clover has ever quite forgiven me :lol:

When we got Lady Jane Willoughby she was called Jane at the rescue (as in plain Jane, cos she was small and scraggy and greyish brown with no mane). She was meant to be Butter's wife (she had other ideas) so I wanted another plant name, and liked Willow. She was called Willow for a few days, then we decided she was a bit of a diva and needed a posher name :lol: So we kept the original Jane, added a Lady in front, and popped 'Willow' into the surname - hence Lady Jane Willoughby :D

:(:( why would you call a bunny plain? I think her name now is amazing. MUCH better.

:love:

My little brother named poppy as she was in the poppy den from p@h as a baby (for Like 4 weeks) and it stuck as I really liked it. So the hutch then became Poppy's den :lol:

Clover was named due to her having the markings of a three leafed clover on her nose (and I wanted to stick with the flower/plant theme, at the time I had a hamster called daisy)

Back