• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you chose your bunnies names?

Boris was a Doris at one point......:lol: No idea how we came up with that to be honest! The name Bella just immediately popped into my head when I saw her for the first time, and then I couldn't really call her anything else.

He looked like a Buckley and it wasn't until we had him in the car that my car's cd player would accept the Jeff Buckley cd I wanted to listen to. It was like the car was giving us a sign :lol:

for my current buns

Jack - because of Jack Shephard (Lost) and he reminded us of a jack rabbit somehow.
Benjamin/Ben - I like the name, plus it's a Lost name (Benjamin Linus)
Timothy/Timmy - It was on a list of names I made and I liked it and thought it fit for him since when I got him he loved timothy hay.

Leo because he's a Lionhead rabbit. The kids wanted to call him Lion, but we said he didn't suit it and compromised with Leo. :lol:

i chose names that would go with my surname because at the old vets, the receptionist would call out "hug and snug ***********" and it just didn't sound right. so matthew and tabitha have sensible names. my daughter named charles and cecile.

From my current Bunnies, Pickle was already called Pickle when we adopted him last year from Cottontails. It just suited him as he's so sweet as a Pickle is :lol::love:

I named Pixie myself it took about 6 days to find a name that suited her and her personality. When we adopted her from cottontails last month she was called Lola, it just did not suit her at all so I changed it and Pixie really does suit her well; She's small , playful and very mischievous!

Flopsy Just because I don't know actually! :lol: It was 6 years ago now though.

Lily Because I did not know what else to call her and I thought a nice flower name would be good.

Dash was given the name by Chrissy (snow white)
Beauty was given the name by helen (captain helen)
Beauty has become a daddy girl now :)

les

I let my OH name the bunsters as he wasn't as keen on them as I was.. The fosterer only called them "the mum" and "the baby" so they needed new names.

As they are REWs my OH thought they should be called something gothic/vampire-like as they reminded him of Bunnicula. After many many suggestions they became Bess after Elizabeth Bathory and George after Lord Byron.:)

Noisette was named because she's a french breed of rabbit and it suited her perfectly. It means hazelnut in french and she's nutty coloured... and she's a bit nuts too :lol:

Previous bunnies, Hermione and Oscar were named because I liked those names.

And then there was George, frenchie bun (unsuccessful bonding, I didn't have him long unfortunately) He was named Rikki before by the rescue :lol: He was originally going to be called Balthazar, but for anyone that remembers Hetty on the forum, she talked me out of it and she suggested George!

Mine are at the Bridge but I wanted to play!:lol:

Jasmine was named by my sister after the Disney Princess because she was so beautiful (yeah, turned out 'she' was a 'he' but the name stuck.:oops:)

Schumi was after Michael Schumacher because we all love Ferrari F1 team.

Then Eddie came along when Eddie Irvine was Schumacher's teammate so it was a no-brainer.

It suited them. Schumi was chilled, calm, got on with it, Eddie was a bit of a livewire!!

:lol::lol:

Toffee already had her name when she came from the shelter, and we felt that suited her so we kept it. She is also known as Toffs, Toffeepops and Princess Toffee.
Our Boy Rex was named by my partner (he got to choose his name as he didn't want to get a bunny) he is also known as Rexy, Rexmondo, Torrex and pain in the butt. :D

Bobo was originally called Boris (after Boris Johnson as he had the same blond fly- away hair between his ears) but just naturally became Bobo.

Harley - we decided before we even met her - when we were discussing getting Bobo a wife and as he is Harlequin coloured - it just came to us - thankfully Harley suits her name.

Holly was named by the petshop - she was dumped just before Christmas - we do sometimes call her Rosie for some reason but Holly does suit her too.

Sheldon - because he is just bonkers:thumb:

Poppy was named by my boyfriend. I have no idea why he picked Poppy but he did and it does suit her. We usually call her Pop though because she is an expert at those binkies where they look like they kind of go pop and jump on the spot.
Sam was named by me after my idol, Sam Carter who is frontman on the band Architects.
Patchies is called Patchies because he has patches of black on him, my boyfriend named him.
Milly was a name I always liked and when I asked my boyfriend what name he liked he said Milly too. She was going to be Chance for a while but she is a Milly.

Frosty and Snowflake cos I bought them in the winter and they are both mainly white. Mottles cos he is a mottled tricolour (lop) and his doe is Peaches cos she is a peachy colour (call her beeps for some reason). Daisy and Tessie cos they were called that at BARC.

Sheila was called that because she had crazy hair, like the drummer from Prince's backing band. Originally we called our boy Prince so that they went together, but he was actually my nephews rabbit and he renamed him Flash, but he's not interested in Flash (other than feeding him random bunny biscuits) so he's become ours - Flash, the rabbit formerly known as Prince

My bridge bunny Floppy was already named as he had 'floppy' ears

Willow just looked like she should be called Willow

Smudge was already named by the rescue and he looked like a black blob so we kept it, suits him.....!

Spenser is named after the 16th century poet I wrote on for my PhD. His middle name is 'Milton', another poet!

I'm not sure at which point he was given his full title of Lord Spenser Milton Sparklepants. :?

Last edited:
Back