• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House buns - how do you cope with cleaning?

Looks a great set up:D
My OH plays heck about the cat hairs.I bought one of those gloves that attracts hairs.When you stroke them with it all the loose hair/fur sticks to the glove.Must have done the trick has i haven,t heard him moan for a while:rolleyes:

Wow, your hutch is lovely?

I guess there is two ways to deal with it, removing the fluff attached to the rabbits before it floats around and catching the fluff already floating around.

For the first plucking any loose tufts and combing every day will help. Use a comb rather than a brush so you get the under coat. A damp hand/cloth will also collect lose stuff. Rabbits in the wild would loose fur by brushing against things so a tunnel with a rough inside surface (like a rolled up doormat) may help or a doormat in their cage to sit on so it catches the fur when they are lying down.

For the air you might want to look at some allergy sites, things like an air purifier may help catch the fluff, also lint rollers are good for removing it from fabric.

Tamsin

that is one tidy conservatory!!!

i feel like taking pics of my buns set up to show to your husband!!!

same here.... this house is a tip :oops::oops::oops::oops:

its the chippies too cus they constantly throw shells and stuff out of thier cage, ralph moults every where and the hay is now part of the carpet permanently :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

glad neither me or ste is bothered by mess :D

Your conservatory is spotless!!! :shock: :shock: My hubby sometimes has a moan about the hay, and megazorb and poops (Shayla :rolleyes:) that end up strewn around the place but after a twelve hour shift the options are dinner or clean and he usually shuts up and opts for dinner :lol:

Rehome the O/H :thumb:

Sorry, I'll leave now...............:oops:

Janex

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

When I have mine in the house, I find its the hay that makes the mess. It just gets everywhere, even with them all outside I still find bits of hay on the floor, I even found a bit in my bed yesterday :shock: :lol: I just hoover loads x

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

When I have mine in the house, I find its the hay that makes the mess. It just gets everywhere, even with them all outside I still find bits of hay on the floor, I even found a bit in my bed yesterday :shock: :lol: I just hoover loads x

I ended up in A+E when a bit of hay got into my right nipple and caused an abscess .............:oops: :rolleyes:
Imagin trying to explain how that happened!! :oops:

Janex

I ended up in A+E when a bit of hay got into my right nipple and caused an abscess .............:oops: :rolleyes:
Imagin trying to explain how that happened!! :oops:

Janex

Ouch!!:shock:
Hay gets everywhere dosent it?, i once had some inside my tights looked like a huge, long varicose vein down my leg :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Ouch!!:shock:
Hay gets everywhere dosent it?, i once had some inside my tights looked like a huge, long varicose vein down my leg :shock::lol::lol::lol:

I once had a customer pull a strand out of my hair at work :oops: and then look at me funny. I can guess what was going through his head, but I'd struggle to find a hay barn to go and roll about in around here :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He'd have a fit. Before we got the buns I used to call him military man as he has to have everything just so. Sometimes I'm using something, I might put it down to go out of the room say to the loo and when I come back it's been put away!! :shock:

Oh that sounds lovely!!!! I have one who never puts anything away. You could almost conduct a archeological survey of what he has worn for the last few days by the different layers of clothes. That sounds like heaven. :p:p:p

Your set up looks fabulous. They are lucky buns.

Your conservatory is spotless!!! :shock: :shock: My hubby sometimes has a moan about the hay, and megazorb and poops (Shayla :rolleyes:) that end up strewn around the place but after a twelve hour shift the options are dinner or clean and he usually shuts up and opts for dinner :lol:

haha ...not just poops.....you don't call her weewee shayla for nothing :lol::lol::lol:

As for the fluff factor.....a daily pluck, groom with a comb and maybe a grooming mitt should work wonders. If you feel like splashing out though, howabout one of those little round hoovers that goes around all the time and goes back to its base station to recharge itself. I think they're about 150 quid.

We dont have carpets we have hay! :lol:

I dont care about mess as long as we are happy and the buns are! :D

x

Re-home the OH!!!

Has he nothing better to think about? is he not amazingly grateful for having a loving and caring person around (loving and caring for the rabbits of course).

Back