• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot Topic: What do you wish you'd known?

That rabbits can get fleas!

Our first rabbit Holly came to us in August from a cat household and obviously brought along a few fleas. By the end of the winter and spring she must have been hoaching with fleas. Put her in to be spayed in February and they had to stop the operation when she was put under as HUNDREDS of fleas fell out of her fur. I felt so guilty!!

that, if buns stop eating, even for a short time, its an emergency!

that buns love playing with toys ( never realised this when i had buns as a child :cry: )

I wish id known about rescues
and i wish id known about neuturing, boredom, and hutch sizes etc so my buns could have had the best from the beginning not six months down the line! (not that they ever suffered, i just could have done better) x

I wish I had a computer and the RU forum for the invaluable knowlage and wisdom people have on here for so many bunny problems.

I wish I'd known about rescues in the area... however would never wish away my pet shop bun! I love him more than anything. The next bun will definitely be a rescue though

That someone would have told me when I was younger, how rewarding bunnies can be so my buns would not have been left in the garden like so many others.

if you want 2 buns to get along neuter and intorduce in a neutral place.... my first two females both wonderful loving buns i plonked new one into the others territory and there was fur and fighting and a little blood shed....and no they never got on cuz we didnt know any better... but luckily for us my dad built another huge hutch and the garden was split in half for them, bless them both but never mind we live and learn!

Back