• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot Topic: What do you wish you'd known?

That you should be careful when picking them up (especially if they are not keen) as they can cause some nasty scratches! and that the Myxi vaccine, 10% should be given intradermally (like in the base of their ear) for it to be effective.

that house bunnies are soooo rewarding:D

that it is sooo painful to lose the little darlings :cry: :cry: wouldnt stop me having them though

That a rabbit diet is more complexed than a bowl of muesli. When I got my first bunny (I was 7) I didnt even know why we gave her hay....I thought it was for bedding:oops:

Sorry, another one from me :oops:
another one for me:

that boy bunnies mount and spray and its really vile and goes everywhere :lol:

Neutering boy bunnies reduces the mounting and usually stops the spraying :lol:

Neutering girl bunnies stops them getting uterine cancers

that house bunnies are soooo rewarding:D

I wish I'd known that yes house bunnies are so rewarding and I wouldn't have an outdoor bun again (just personal preference) but they are blooming messy and two little tiny monsters can easily take over your whole house and your whole life! :lol:

(I haven't punctuated so it counts as one sentence :lol: )

How important it is to get to the vet asap if your bun stops eating (lost my first bunny Flopsy to GI stasis. My last words to her were "if you're stil poorly tomorrow flops, it's off to the vet with you" and she was dead in the morning:cry: )
How important hay is to bunnies.

:oops: :oops: :oops: Not to trust a vet who twice SEXED my boy Sumi as a girl - hence the arrival of the three kids on 24th Jan 2004. I should have trusted my instinct when I thought I noticed two pinky round bits one night when he binkied:oops: :oops: :oops:

I wish I'd known to get a bigger hutch/run! Spent a fortune on a 4 ft one, which then turned out to be far too small for energetic bunnies.

.....that rabbit urine can be red/orange in colour and normal

.....that rescue bunnies are just as cute and loveable as shop bought

1.That putting lino tiles in their hutches makes cleaning a whole lot easier:roll:

2. That people who dump bunnies tell lies:evil:

That hay should make up most of the diet.
That bunnies shouldn't live alone. My first bun Hazel doesn't now but he lived alone for the first 2 years we had him, as a housebun but still. Him and his lady wife so adore each other, I wouldn't ever keep a single bun now if it was possible not to. :D

That they are delicate little things and take alot of care and attention (not that i would be without them) :D

Back