• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot Topic: What do you wish you'd known?

Wish i had av known how to spot stasis symptoms my little fella would still be here now GOD BLESS YA Fella (am sorry i dint no you were ill n i never told ya one last time how much you ment to me) :cry:

1. Neuter, neuter, neuter - then my first special bunny wouldn't have died needlessly from uterine cancer :cry:

2. That RU existed!

Bunnies CHEW :shock: through sheds, hutches, playhouses and toys :shock: :lol: but hey they are lovely ! :love: Just makesure you make the houses chew proof !

i wish i knew how much space theyd take up in my heart and how just keeping rabbits would change my whole view on the world... (eating meat and animal testing issues)

wish id found this obsession sooner :D

Ditto ... I've wasted 20 years of adult life that I didn't share with rabbits because i didn't know how totally amazing they are.

:? Wished id known more about vets knowledge when Billy was poorly, with his abcesses:cry: i might have saved him.

Last edited:
Wished i'd of known that some rabbits dont want to be cuddled or sit on your knee:roll: That you are there for feeding, cleaning only:shock:

:oops: :oops: :oops: Not to trust a vet who twice SEXED my boy Sumi as a girl - hence the arrival of the three kids on 24th Jan 2004. I should have trusted my instinct when I thought I noticed two pinky round bits one night when he binkied:oops: :oops: :oops:

I think this highlights what I was going to say... The importance of finding a good vet. My boyfriends vet also sexed his buns both as boys.

Personally I'd have liked to have known about the importance of hay and that there are many different types. When I first got Molly I thought it was just a suppliment to the diet, as he didn't eat much. Then we found out about good hays and he's now a good hay eater.

That you should worm them for EC. I wish I'd done that to sooty when I'd first got him...before some damage had been done.

Back