• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hertfordshire peeps!!!

In the end I had pre-eclampsia, had him 6 weeks early by emergency c section under GA and was sedated for 2 days! He weighed 3lb 11oz and spent 2 weeks in special care.

Funny after that they wouldn't let me have a home birth the next time either! No 2 was born naturally and was 9lb 2oz, the last one I nearly got a yes to trying the ABC unit until the Consultant noticed I'd had a C section previously, damn... but lucky really as this one was 10lb, had the cord cut cos it was round his neck and then got stuck so had to be dragged out by his ears while the crash team pummelled by stomach!

Not that she's trying to frighten you or anything :shock::lol:

Not that she's trying to frighten you or anything :shock::lol:

I did say I didn't think that would happen at home:lol: No I seriously believe that and they wouldn't let you have a home birth if they thought you were at risk in any way.

I know know so many people who have had home births, (I'm a born againg hippy!) and I really envy them. Oh if I had my time over.....!

I can't wait for this baby now, when's it due, I'd love to be a birth partner, am I needed?

I did say I didn't think that would happen at home:lol: No I seriously believe that and they wouldn't let you have a home birth if they thought you were at risk in any way.

I know know so many people who have had home births, (I'm a born againg hippy!) and I really envy them. Oh if I had my time over.....!

I can't wait for this baby now, when's it due, I'd love to be a birth partner, am I needed?

Hey, no, I want to do it, pick me, PICK ME!!! I never get picked for anything!!! :lol:

Hi :wave:, I am in Biggleswade, Beds about 15 mins from Stevenage (I used to live there!) and would love a meet up at some point. I have a child so am not put of by babies and love rabbits too. I use the vets in Shortmead Street, Biggleswade now and they have been fab when Star had her spay ....

:D Hi, new best friend :lol:

:lol::lol: no seriously, during term time i am happy to look after anyone's bunnies - help feed the impoverished student (rabbits eat all the good veg! :lol:)

I also do babysitting, and have a paediatric first aid certificate, as the conversation has switched to babies! :lol::wave:

:lol::lol:
So how old are your 3 now?
I was lucky that I was able to have my other two at Hemel before it shut, and my 2nd daughter was born at the birth centre there.
It was brilliant! I got there at about 7cm, straight into the pool and she was born into the water about 2 hours later. It was fab.

We have an inflatable birth pool - one of them that was on the apprentice last week :lol: - and I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly and I shall have a Home water birth surrounded by lavendar essential oil burners, candles and relaxation music, and depending on what time of day maybe be able so watch the buns out in the garden too :lol:

Fingers crossed! Midwife says I must transfer to Watford if she thinks its necessary but hey, at least in that scenario I'd be getting tehre by ambulance so wouldnt have to worry bout traffic so much! :lol:

:lol::lol: no seriously, during term time i am happy to look after anyone's bunnies - help feed the impoverished student (rabbits eat all the good veg! :lol:)

I also do babysitting, and have a paediatric first aid certificate, as the conversation has switched to babies! :lol::wave:

Blimey!! You are officially my best friend too!! :lol::lol:

Hey, no, I want to do it, pick me, PICK ME!!! I never get picked for anything!!! :lol:

Awww can you imagine, what would my OH say!
There we'd all be round the brithpool, midwife, hubby, and my two RU birth partners!! :lol::lol::lol:

We def must plan a mett up, I didnt realise peeps were so local!
I think there's Wilbur on here that's in St Albans way too i think!

Ahh that sounds lovely! I really hope your birth wishes come true.

Mine are a boy 16, a girl 13 and another boy 4.

Watford hospital has a lot wrong with it but I couldn't fault the care we had when we needed it. Not every hospital can take a baby in SCBU at the drop of a hat and not wanting to scare anyone but if it wasn't for the expertise of the head midwife of duty at the time I probably wouldn't have my little boy now. The cord was cut before he was born as it was round his neck and then his shoulder was stuck, the big red button was pushed and 8 more people fell in to the room as if they had been leaning on the door, the crash teams regular system of getting them free, tipping the bed back, putting your knees up to your ears and pressing on the top of your belly didn't shift him so the head midwife had to get in there and sweep his shoulder away and pull him out by his ears! He was whisked outside like a rugby ball out of a scrum to be resucsetated, back for a quick hello and off to SCBU to scare the little babies.

I truly think that a lot of problems arise from this lying on you back business (not just the conception:lol:) if I had my time over they wouldn't be getting me on that bed.

I do agree with you. My first was an epidural and on my back and while I just managed to avoid forceps etc it wasnt a very nice experience. Couldnt fault the staff though.
I have two daughters 12 and 5 and they think this one is a little girlie too.
It is nice to hear good things about watford too as I must admit I have heard some horror stories x

I'm sure its lovely to have a daughter later but could someone please just take her away until later, much later?

Boys are just somehow more straightforward, they play with whoever wants to play what they want to play, they don't swear they are never going to speak to this one or that one ever again - until tomorrow when its someone else in the firing line!

i have no personal experience of such things - but if you stand/squat surely anatomically the birth canal is straight down (with gravity too??) whereas if you sit/lie its like an L shape or something? so thats got to be more difficult? My mum was a missionary in Africa and all the ladies squat over there and the incidence of difficulties like that are waaaaay lower (not just cos the babies are smaller!)

Back