• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hermione is in real trouble/ she's gone/ ANSWERS AT LAST P74

Im sure you didnt, it must have been cancer. Terrible, horrible thing.

Bless you and bless the poor little girl. At least she had you to take care of her.

You gave her the best you could and I am sure she is very grateful... It's just one of those things I think.

Hope you hear back about the PM

Binky free Hermione x

Spoken to a nurse and some things have shown up on the PM. I am hoping the vet will have time to discuss them with me this evening after consulting, if not it will be tomorrow. Although i don't know what has shown up I am so grateful we will finally get some answers as we tried so hard to find them while she was alive.

Completely unrelated - victoria our little rex lop had a Ga today to get nasal swabs taken and isn't recovering particularly well :(

I am so sorry liz, hopefully the PM results will give you some answers. Binky free precious one xxx
And nose rubs to victoria and vibes for a speedy recovery x

Finally we have the answer we needed and we are totally amazed :shock:

All I can say is never underestimate a rabbit's strength and determination to live :love:

There were no signs of cancer at all, her uterus, liver and digestive system were all completely normal. It was her heart. In simple terms her heart was dying. The protective sack around it was full of nasty brown liquid. we have no idea why it was brown as it should have been clear. This was putting enormous pressure on her heart preventing it from pumping properly. So all her energies were being used up to make her heart work normally, it was burning a huge amount of calories. This is why she had such severe weight loss despite constantly eating :(

So now we know this, what we want to know is how the :censored: did she just survive a big anaesthetic to have her tooth removed a couple of days ago. The vet can't believe it and neither can we!

We only had Hermione for 6 short weeks, ultimately there was nothing we could have done to help her even if we had known the problem, too much damage had already been done to her heart. But I am glad that at the very least we were able to give her 6 weeks of love and happiness that made her so determined to carry on living for as long as possible.

Binky free Hermione and we hope all you took with you to the bridge were the happy memories of the past few weeks and that the years of neglect have been forgotten xx

Poor little girl. She really did put up an amazing fight, and was so lucky that her last six weeks were spent being loved and well nourished at long last. RIP lovely girl. :cry:

What an amazing girl. I'm sure the love and care she received with you encouraged her to fight for longer than could have been expected with her condition.

I'm glad you have some answers; it sounds truly amazing that she kept going for as long as she did and even got through the stress of a GA as well.

Back