• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help! updated #49 on baytril - doughnut is making a strange sound

Could the noise be from her nose rather than her throat ?
This can happen if the Rabbit is brewing an upper RTI or in cases of tooth root elongation.

Yes, Santa used to make noises like in the video whenever she had a bout of snuffles brewing. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, good news that she's her usual cheerful self in any case :love:

She's so happy at the moment but still making the noise. I know it's not right. Called the vets to say I won't take her in today as Mark's not there anyway and will keep my appointment with him on Friday morning. I'll email him the video as can't hear the noise at all on my phone. I'm sure Jane's right and it's RTI. I've given her a bit of metacam again today. I would rather she was with me tonight than at the vets on her own. He'll give her a thorough check anyway and will keep her in if he wants to investigate further. I would take her today if I felt it necessary but she twirled around all excited to see me this morning as usual and chasing me around so I don't feel it's urgent.

She's so happy at the moment but still making the noise. I know it's not right. Called the vets to say I won't take her in today as Mark's not there anyway and will keep my appointment with him on Friday morning. I'll email him the video as can't hear the noise at all on my phone. I'm sure Jane's right and it's RTI. I've given her a bit of metacam again today. I would rather she was with me tonight than at the vets on her own. He'll give her a thorough check anyway and will keep her in if he wants to investigate further. I would take her today if I felt it necessary but she twirled around all excited to see me this morning as usual and chasing me around so I don't feel it's urgent.

You know Miss D so well and I am certain you would take her in today if necessary. It sounds as though she is feeling absolutely fine within herself. I hope all goes well for her tomorrow xx

Yes, Santa used to make noises like in the video whenever she had a bout of snuffles brewing. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, good news that she's her usual cheerful self in any case :love:

This. My bunny George made those exact noises when he had snuffles coming up. Was sorted with a course of antibiotics.

Good luck for tomorrow! May Doughnut be well and your vet bill be small :thumb:

I turned it up full volume could hear it, its a different noise to what rosie did, hope the vet app goes well tomo x

Thanks everyone. I just got a binkie. The noise seems to have gone when she was eating her dinner but I'll still take her tomorrow. Would rather get her checked over.

She has stopped making the noise but saw mark anyway. He said he thinks she has scratched her throat on something and it became inflamed but since I gave her the metacam it's calmed it and she's fine now. I just need to give her it over the weekend. I think it's the lining paper she managed to get to!

He's so nice. He said because she is much loved at the surgery and she's his favourite there was no charge.

She has stopped making the noise but saw mark anyway. He said he thinks she has scratched her throat on something and it became inflamed but since I gave her the metacam it's calmed it and she's fine now. I just need to give her it over the weekend. I think it's the lining paper she managed to get to!

He's so nice. He said because she is much loved at the surgery and she's his favourite there was no charge.

Mark is one of the good guys ! I am so grateful for the help he has given me with various Bunny 'issues'.

I hope that Doughnut remains noise free now xx

He's very kind! So glad Miss D is well :thumb:

I almost came over to see Mark the other week when I needed emergency help - he's on my list of favourites :D

He is very kind. You can tell he's in the profession because he can help them not for the money.

He is very kind. You can tell he's in the profession because he can help them not for the money.

I always valued his input on here too. But obviously now the Surgery has taken off and is doing so well he wont have time for posting on a Rabbit Forum !! I remember when he and his business partner opened the surgery up.

I didn't realise there was a partner. Thought it was his practice. He said he may start looking for bigger premises as they are really busy. I tried to persuade him to move near me. He'll be staying in the same area but nice to know his business is a success. I know I've always recommended him to people so guess lots of others do too.

I didn't realise there was a partner. Thought it was his practice. He said he may start looking for bigger premises as they are really busy. I tried to persuade him to move near me. He'll be staying in the same area but nice to know his business is a success. I know I've always recommended him to people so guess lots of others do too.

I dont know if the business remains a partnership, but initially it was. I dont think he realised just how in demand Rabbit Savvy Vets are, especially Exotics Qualified ones.

Yes I thought it was his practice, which was the impression I got when I rang there recently also.

I just wish he would move a bit more towards West London :lol:

I'll join you in trying to get him to move this way more, mind you there is Papa's fish and chips round the corner, we always pop in if we're just picking up meds and have no bunnies with us :D

Why is everything good in Maidstone? :p Maybe I ought to move instead :lol:

This reminds me, I must phone up for their vaccs!

Back