• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it me or does this sound like he wants a friend?

shadow05

Mama Doe
right i kept getting plagued by this rabbit to give him constant attention which i cant give him all the time. if i sit in front of his pen not touching him or saying anything to him he just abouts goes crazy he starts running around in a circle and will occastional binky the whole time hes doing this he makes sounds. when i actually go into his pen and sit down he will constanlty be making the same sound again which sounds sort of like a grunting noise.

this morning he woke me up at 4.30 am so u can imagine that i wasnt very pleased with him he was chewing on bars scrathing at the floor and also pulling on the duvet which if he wasnt doing that i would just ignore him but i dont want him to get a hold of the shower curtian underneath. hes just about done this everyday since i put him in there and he will not stop.

so i was wondering is this a really good sign that he needs a friend?

if it is it sucks cause im still trying to get my mom to let me get him a friend. and she wont she keeps saying oh u werent even suppose to have him and now u want another one.

recently ive been getting stressed out got to many things to deal with and scooters one of the things that is making it worse. i know hes not meaning to be a pain but if i cant get him to stop then i will have to get rid of him im afraid i really dont want to but i already struggle with him quite a lot.:(

It definatly sounds like he a) needs neutering as his behaviour certainly sounds hormonal, then b) needs a companion to ease his boredom. My betting is get these done and your problem bun will be no more! :wave:

right i kept getting plagued by this rabbit to give him constant attention which i cant give him all the time. if i sit in front of his pen not touching him or saying anything to him he just abouts goes crazy he starts running around in a circle and will occastional binky the whole time hes doing this he makes sounds. when i actually go into his pen and sit down he will constanlty be making the same sound again which sounds sort of like a grunting noise.

this morning he woke me up at 4.30 am so u can imagine that i wasnt very pleased with him he was chewing on bars scrathing at the floor and also pulling on the duvet which if he wasnt doing that i would just ignore him but i dont want him to get a hold of the shower curtian underneath. hes just about done this everyday since i put him in there and he will not stop.

so i was wondering is this a really good sign that he needs a friend?

if it is it sucks cause im still trying to get my mom to let me get him a friend. and she wont she keeps saying oh u werent even suppose to have him and now u want another one.

recently ive been getting stressed out got to many things to deal with and scooters one of the things that is making it worse. i know hes not meaning to be a pain but if i cant get him to stop then i will have to get rid of him im afraid i really dont want to but i already struggle with him quite a lot.:(

As per all your other posts im afraid.

a) needs to be neutered
b) get a friend
c) if you get stressed, he'll pick up on that and play up even more. Trust me, i know that from experience, way too well.

:wave:

The grunting noise is a happy noise because he's pleased to see you, my bun Joe was like this before we got him "done" and got him a wifeybun.

As for the making a racket at 4.30am that's just what rabbits do! dawn and dusk are their most active times of day.

i am currenty working on getting him neautered he should be done by next week hopefully i get paid 30 pound ema which is staying put and not being spent at all. the bf ows me about 15 pound as well but i wanna get him some new toys and he needs some more hay and some treats. at the moment im trying to do things to distract him the box and rope idea he really loves but i dont want to keep using it in case he gets bored of it.

i know its a case of trying to be patient with him and not let him know im annoyed but im hardly sleeping as it is and i have collage most days so cant spend much time with him in a morning i just sort of feed him make sure hes got some toys, some cardboard and thats it. i dotn have any time in a morning to do much.

my moms told me that shell think about it after hes been neautered she says it depends on how he is if he hasnt changed my mom thinks i should get rid of him but i think different. i really dont like to give up on my pets at all. especially when i know myself there is things i could try. i do have ear plugs but i dont put them in any more in case he gets a hold of something that he shouldnt have.

im gonna get rid of the shower curtian now cause i dont care if he destroys my moms carpet. i cant get a hold of another duvet cover either. but at least if he gets past the duvet cover and goes for the carpet i can at least ignore him without worrying that hes going to choke on plastic.

im sorry i keep repeating like but im getting really stressed over loads of things got to many things to deal with at the moment. i love the rabbit to bits and id love to get him a friend it would be nice if his friend was a bunny who likes cuddles but if it turns out as that its a ground bunny then i suppose that will be alright the friend is for him not me.

compaired to wat he use to be like hes changed a bit but there are things that havent and i suppose they are hormonal. but his characters changed he does seem happier but i can tell that there is something else wrong like somethings missing. i know it sounds silly all this but after spending time with him and watching him play and watching him bound upto me all happy and other stuff it becomes more obvious.

its really hard to explain.

I think it's good that you don't want to give up on any of your pets, but you also need to think of the bun, whether he changes or not once he's been neutered he really does need a friend regardless, and i know some people say 'oh it's only a bit more hay for a second' but realistically there is alot more expense with two - vaccinations, nuggets, veg, pet insurance/vets bills etc and they would need more space too. If your ema won't stretch to that and your mum won't commit to paying for those things then you really need to think of what is best for the bun - they could live for 10+ years after all ;)

I'd have a really good think about what to do and what is going to be the best thing long term for scooter.

once im out of collage i know ill be alright money wise for him i know i can handle it. scooter has never been vaccinated but if i did have the money for or if i had a job he would be kept regular. he is treated for fleas regularly i make sure for that. as for accommodation ive already thought about this when he is done and is ready im going to get a very large dog crate obviously things will need to be change like an extra level being put in and some other stuff. im going to rabbit proof the hell out of my room and try him as sort of a free range bunny if that doesnt go well then i will attach a pen. at the moment he has verticually half of my room. i dont mind this at all like but it is a bit cramped. need to get rid of a couple of things to allow for more space.

if he ever need vets urgently cause hes sick or hurt id still take him regardless if i have no money or not. i do qualify for pdsa treatment as well so thats always an alternative.

when i start working when ive eventually saved up enought im going to look into moving out. of course while im doing this he will be staying him dont want to drag him around every where. my mom said she will take care of him like make sure he gets his food and water and give him some attention.

:) Sounds like you have it all worked out! Just one thing though, as a housebun he's way more at risk of myxi or vhd (they can be carried in on shoes/insects) than fleas so i would maybe think about diverting the flea treatment to some vacs instead ;)

well i can afford the flea treatment more easy thats why ive got it. for vacs i cant but if i get a job he will be done regularly if he gets a friend she will be done too. but until then im carefully of wats being brought into his room and wat he comes in contact with.

Back