• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help & Advice Please

nixxy83

Young Bun
How much should I be feeding Smudge, he is 13 weeks old.

At the moment I give him a small handful of pellets and a brocoli top and then small handful of p ellets at night. He always has hay and water available. but is this enough?

Any advice would be great.

:wave: I top up the hay each morning and fresh water three times a day.
I only give my little mates a very small amount of science selective pellets each evening alternated with forage, spring greens and or carrot. But hay hay hay is the important think, along with water.

As he's so young, I would give a big handful of pellets twice a day, rather than a small handful. Spring greens will be good for his growing bones too, as they have lots of calcium in - just try him on a mouthful sized bit at first, and slowly increase over a couple of weeks it if it doesn't upset his stomach - my adult rabbits have about a medium leaf a day each, a tiny knob of brocolli (it can cause wind) and a little chunk of carrot for a treat.

I give them fresh hay twice a day, as they often don't eat it if it's left from the day before - they need roughly their body-size in hay every day. I use science selective pellets, and they have a small handful twice a day - although Maa has a big handful as she seemed very skinny on low pellet rations.

Thats Great :)

Just concerned cos he eats and then runs around for hours and I think are you getting enough energy.

Didnt know about the brocoli (vet recommended it). Will increase his pellet intake and see how he gets on with that.

Any other suggestions?

Back