• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my baby rabbits healthy weights?

eisaacs23

New Kit
I have 2 12 week old female rex cross (not sure what they’re crossed with) and 1 weighs 3 lbs and the other weights 3.6lbs. I can’t find anything about the weight of baby rabbits online and want to make sure that they’re a good weight! They seem healthy otherwise and show signs of happy bunnies :)
Also how much should I be feeding them? I currently do a large handful in the morning and a large handful in the evening but I will give them more if they seem hungrier. I obviously give them unlimited hay and give them small amounts of treats when I am training them, i’m just talking about pellets here!

They both sound to be good weights for their age. But as they are cross breeds, you don’t say if they are part standard Rex or part Mini Rex it’s hard to say for certain. Especially without being able to see them myself.

This information is useful to take a look at re body condition and dietary requirements

Scroll down to ‘Diet’ section on this link

Back