• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HEELLPP!!!Baileys eye stuck shut .. back from vets!

I cant get thorugh to my grandad. :( they are shut now, ill take him in the morning. I feel useless. :(

He looks ok down below though...The hay i have at teh minite its pretty 'soft' hay. its not stalky at all.

I wanna stay home with him tonight. :( I dont wanna leave him.

ok, sometimes there's the odd sharp bit in there, or he might have just gotten a small bit in his eye that aggravated it. Not sure if you need to go to the emergency vets? I'm sure someone will be able to tell you. Don't be too hard on yourself, it isn't your fault, these things just happen. We can't wrap our buns in cotton wool no matter how much we want to x

Mai, why do you feel useless? You did all the right things by identfying something was wrong, bathing his eye, calling the vets, keeping your head, etc.

You did great.

Mai, why do you feel useless? You did all the right things by identfying something was wrong, bathing his eye, calling the vets, keeping your head, etc.

You did great.

I completely agree :) It doesn;t look too bad at all. I was expecting much worse. Hopefully the vets can put your mind at rest in the morning

His eye isnt looking at gunky now, its open more, but i just went to have a look and he has a white mark on his eye... like a white line. :?

i jsut had another look, it looks more like gunk. :?
Now i feel silly. for overreacting. if its gunky in the morning... i will take him to the vet. It looks less gunky now.

i jsut had another look, it looks more like gunk. :?
Now i feel silly. for overreacting. if its gunky in the morning... i will take him to the vet. It looks less gunky now.

I dont think your over reacting (though we can all be guilty of that at times). It sounds like conjuntivitis or as the others have said - it has been irritated with something - or maybe he scratched it himself.

Better to take him to the vet in the morning anyway.

I definitely agree that you need to take him to the vets anyway, regardless.

I agree :wave: let us know how you get on there, and well done for managing to keep it together and sort everything out for him. You should be proud of yourself xx

Definately take him to vets - it needs looking at, whatever it is. Loads and loads of vibes, and hugs for you.

I went through this with Lola when I just got the rabbits. I rang the vet and they told me to do what you've just done and the eye was actually fine in the morning. May have been hay or a scratch maybe. The vet will sort it out in the morning for you I'm sure it's nothing too serious. Make a cup of tea and take some deep breaths!!

Back