• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Heart tumor-Saying goodbye tomorrow

:cry: Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news!
You must not know where to put yourself, if you need someone to talk to through any of this, feel free to PM me. (Hug)
I am so sorry it was not good news, but now you know, you have the chance to make sure his remainder of life is nothing but bliss, show him how much you love him and treat him like a prince.
Again I am so sorry xx

We saw the cardiologist this morning then I had to wait for the vet to phone this afternoon, it didn't really sink in till I got the phone call. It just feels like its happened suddenly but its been gradually progressing and I had no idea :cry: He's had over 15 dentals in nearly 2 years and he's alway done so well to cope like he has.

I'm so sorry to hear it is not good news :( I know how it feels to be told a bun is terminally ill :cry: I hope he can stay comfortable for a while longer so you can have more time with him. I'm sure he has had a great life with you and he will spend however long he has left happy and loved x

I'm so sorry to hear it is not good news :( I know how it feels to be told a bun is terminally ill :cry: I hope he can stay comfortable for a while longer so you can have more time with him. I'm sure he has had a great life with you and he will spend however long he has left happy and loved x

Thanks Ashley. We've been having lots of cuddles tonight, all I can do is make the most of the time we have left. Even though he has to rest a lot he's still acting happy enough most of the time.

I am sorry :cry:

Caring for a terminally ill Rabbit is hard but I believe it is also a privilege to be the one to make sure that they have absolutely the very best of everything for however long they have left; the one there for them until the very end. Then the final act of love and compassion we can give them is to let them go as they approach the time that 'coping' is no longer possible for them.

:( I'm so sorry it wasn't better news.

I totally agree with Jane's words. I cared for a bunny for 4 weeks when she had been diagnosed and those 4 weeks were very special and I did feel privileged and we became very close (where she had never been before).

Thinking of you.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm so grateful that I've been able to share my life with such a special boy, he will go to the bridge peacefully and dearly loved. He's such a fighter but I won't let him struggle on. Archie is in the garden just now enjoying the evening sun :love:

So sorry you and Archie have had such terrible news.
Sending him a special nose rub, to add to the thousands you are likely to give him x

I'm glad he is still able to enjoy life :) He is lucky that he ended up staying with you. I will be thinking of him and you during this hard time x

My little Archie will be helped to the bridge tomorrow morning :cry: I really thought that we had more time but breathing and eating is becoming harder for him. He's still fighting on but Its totally heartbreaking to have to see him struggle to breathe, it just isn't fair on him now as its progressing so fast. I know its the right thing to do for his sake but Its the hardest decision I've ever had to make :cry:

My little Archie will be helped to the bridge tomorrow morning :cry: I really thought that we had more time but breathing and eating is becoming harder for him. He's still fighting on but Its totally heartbreaking to have to see him struggle to breathe, it just isn't fair on him now as its progressing so fast. I know its the right thing to do for his sake but Its the hardest decision I've ever had to make :cry:

Your doing one of the hardest most heartbreaking things we as pet owners sometimes have to do, he will be free then, always in your heart and your memories - I am really sorry (((Hugs))) be strong for him xx

I am so sorry :cry:

I hope you can treasure your last night together and that Archie has a peaceful passing. Will be thinking of you both tomorrow x

Im so sorry,you have done everything posssible to help your special boy,life is so cruel sometimes.You and Archie will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry to hear this, you know your boy best so you are making the right decision, it may be the hardest decision for you but
Archie will know how loved he is that you are giving him the ultimate gift- freedom.
Peaceful vibes for both of you.

I'm so sorry that Archie is struggling but he loves you and will be forever in your heart, it is heart breaking but your decision means that he will be free from pain and can binky free at the bridge. Lots of hugs

Back