• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing thoughts needed update/photos page 4

I'm delighted she's recovering so well. "Come on Sugar darling, lots of nomming & big poops tonight for your mum & RU please".

oh what a darling pair of bunsters:love::love:

i am so relieved that sugars home and feeling so much better....what a relief!!

you must suddenly need to sleep....LOTS.......and no need for pacing the floor in the early hours from lack of sleep worrying about sugar xx

Just a little update on Sugar today.
She seems to be totally back to normal today :D She ran over to me this morning for her pellets, and has been nomming hay, and pooing fine...
I am so relieved I can't tell you.

I admire everyone on RU so much,who has poorly rabbits to deal with on a daily basis. Especially those of you who have more than one poorly rabbit at a time to deal with. Quite frankly I don't know how you do it. So hats off to you all.

Anyway now a few pics of Sugar & Tiger this morning........

This ones for you thumps_! :D & Thank you :love:

cf991061.jpg

She did as she was told. :lol:

And just because I know RU loves pictures :love:

b2d20006.jpg

ad77ff88.jpg

Tiger "Oh my godness, I'm so relieved my wifeys all better now!"

42762186.jpg

dabbdc9d.jpg

:love: HAPPY 1ST GOTCHA DAY SUGAR :love: I have had her 1 year today! :love: And hopefully will have, for many more to come..........

Purplebumble.. I am so relieved Thank you. I did consider spending another night in the shed, but thought that they would be far more comfortable if I wasn't in there with them. So did a bit of pacing instead :lol:

helen 01 & honeybunny :love: Thank you!

Helen. How is Lewis today? Thinking of him :love:

Hey Lisa.

He's eaten a little and done a big pile of dark poos so he's moving it through. I've had him in the run and he's been doing binkies. I think that the movement of running around when a bunny has stasis does make a big difference to gut motility (depending on what the issue is of course). Anyway, he seems to be enjoying some runaround time so I'm gonna have a nap after a night up.

Thanks for asking :D

Great. I'm delighted.

Duchess I'd like to confirm your observation about the importance of excercise & gut slow down.
Obviously it's not appropriate for a very sick rabbit as you rightly say, but I find it incredibly important both in the very early stages when it can even avert a complete gut stop (ileus) & during recovery.

Thumper's gut is a mess with megacolon & resultant dysbiosis. Excercise is essential for him. He needs energetic running "around play" at least x3 daily & this always results in poops, which result in eating. :)
When he's not so good I split it into much shorter but more frequent periods.

Thank you for bringing this importnt aspect of care to our attention.

Back