• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry.UD HES GONE :(

:cry: Been there too. Accepting the reality, knowing they are no longer suffering and the feeling of relief that they are not going to endure any more... followed hours or days later by the gaping great hole given that their needs have been such high priority for so long and that their physical presence means so much.

((hugs))

Exactly Bunny Buddy.Im so sorry you've been there too.I even thought for a split second this morning that it was time to get his meds ready.Ive been medicating him for many months and it was part of the daily routine.The worry was as well.

The feeling"have I done the right thing?"even though I know I have is haunting me too.

Milly isn't eating on her own.:cry:

Its hit me much harder today.I think I was in shock yesterday as I always had hope we could manage his condition somehow with all the medical help he had but of course it wasn't to be.

He will be causing such havoc at Rainbow Bridge now,restored back to his happy,silly,cheeky self.Binky free beautiful.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am going to send you a PM which I hope may help xx

Oh goodness I am so so sorry to hear this awful news :cry:

Losing a beloved bun friend is unbelievably painful, you question everything, feel guilty and mostl just feel lost without them :cry:

Sending huge hugs to you, you were an amazing bun mum to him, you can always comfort yourself with that thought although I know it won't help much right now xxxxxx

This is one of the saddest threads I have read on any forum.:cry:

It just doesn't seem right that such a courageous battle by a dedicated team of human and pets should have so desperate an ending. I am so sorry for your loss of Harry and hope you and Milly will be strong for each other.

I know I have to let the grieving happen and deal with it but there were many complications regarding Harrys health care at the referral vet he went to where things happened which shouldn't have happened and although I cant go into any detail it didn't help much with the outcome of his treatment.

The last few months of Harrys treatment are on a loop going round and round in my mind.I wish I could explain but im not at liberty to.Its making me think that ive let him down so much.Its making this really hard.I should have done things differently.Im so sorry I cant be clearer.:cry:

I know I have to let the grieving happen and deal with it but there were many complications regarding Harrys health care at the referral vet he went to where things happened which shouldn't have happened and although I cant go into any detail it didn't help much with the outcome of his treatment.

The last few months of Harrys treatment are on a loop going round and round in my mind.I wish I could explain but im not at liberty to.Its making me think that ive let him down so much.Its making this really hard.I should have done things differently.Im so sorry I cant be clearer.:cry:

I know this feeling too. It does get easier - you never stop wondering, but you can come to an acceptance.

I understand, it's very difficult to comment on a public Forum. Have you people in Real Life you can discuss this with?
You did your best. Vets are there to assist us. If we can't trust them, then who can we trust?

Harry's story is complicated and difficult. You cannot expect yourself to be all-knowing, although I know we do expect this of ourselves. All the more so when they are no longer with us, and we feel the responsibility we had for this dear creature that trusted us completely.

If I can help in any way, please let me know. Take care xx

We have 'spoken' about it all via PM and so I can totally understand how the 'issues' are making things so much harder for you to process all that has happened. Please feel free to continue to 'talk' with me via PM any time. One thing is for certain, you have not let Harry down in any way. You did absolutely everything within your power to try to help him. Please,please do not think that you could have done more. That is most definitely not the case.

Dont forget, my PM box is always open ((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))) xx

I'm so sorry that you went through all of this, sending my hugs and binky free to little Harry.

I don't have any other words, I'm devastated for you :( xx

Thankyou everyone.Sorry I know its the grief talking but his treatment was managed in a less than appropriate way and its making everything very difficult to deal with.

I'm so sorry that you are being tormented by your thoughts. I hope that you will be able to find peace. Sending a hug xx

Back