• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Harly def has myxi - UPDATE FROM VET FRI 15th, WOOHOO!!!!!!

Yay, so glad that they are on the mend :) .

Until your buns got myxi and people posted their stories I didnt even know rabbit could recover. Im really glad for you.

Do you know when they officially get the 'all clear'
Mandyxx

Do you know when they officially get the 'all clear'

No think it'll be a while yet, she wants him on baytril at least for a while yet until all scabs r off and everythings totally healed, vet again weds 13th

So happy for you.

Anyone who has tried, but failed with a rabbit with myxi (like me) - will know how tough the process is. I must admit to being envious also.

Good on you - it means there is hope for us all if the unthinkable strikes!

Cara

Cara - Its ok Id feel exactly the same.

We're still not out of the woods, but every step up rather than down is good news, right? :)

HI. I've just been reading about all the myxi experiences. It really is a nightmare. My Rex, Floss, also contracted nodular myxi in October despite having been up to date with the vaccines. My vet contacted the manufacturers as he is also beginning to suspect the virus has mutated and the vaccination is no longer as effective. However, he stressed that had she not been vaccinated she probably wouldn't have survived. Her hutch companion, Bournville, didn't get it. She has totally recovered now, thank goodness.

hey there, update from vets this morning, dont want to tempt fate by saying we're there, but suffice 2 say she doesnt want to see him again!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Over the next couple of weeks got to gradually cut back on his metacam and antibios and see how we get on. His breathing is still v noisy but she says that's something we'll just have to accept he's prob always going to have, and as long as it's not causing him probs then it should be ok. If he starts to sound gurgly and moist then jst to pop him back on Bisolvin for a week or so. Only wants to see him again if i have any concerns :thumb: :D

My Rex, Floss, also contracted nodular myxi in October
yeah it is a nightmare, really hard emotionally, but we're getting there. Oh Harly has had full blown myxi by the way, even tho vaccinated. Honey has had nodular.

Fantastic! :D You must be so relieved. It's certainly been a long haul to recovery hasn't it? Just goes to show that with a lot of TLC and perseverance you can make all the difference. Well done! :D :D

Back