• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Harly def has myxi - UPDATE FROM VET FRI 15th, WOOHOO!!!!!!

What a little fighter he is! And welldone you for not giving up on him. I hope he continues to get better.

Great news! Every time I see there is an update to your thread I can hardly bear to read it in case it's bad news!! :shock: So glad that he is doing well. All credit to you for all the hard work you're putting in too. :)

As promised here's some new piccies, took them earlier this evening. Im a little concerned with his right eye, the scabs have come off and the last day or so it's looking a little 'wet' around his eye. He's on max dose baytril and Im bathing it for him, anything else I could be doing? Otherwise he seems to be improving a little all the time, u's will prob see that urself in piccies :)

rsharly1.jpg

rsharly2.jpg

rsharly3.jpg

rsharly4.jpg

rsharly5.jpg

rsharly6.jpg

rsharly7.jpg

rsharly8.jpg

rsharly9.jpg

sorry there's laods was just trying to show all his sore bits

and a few piccies of honey - also taken earlier this evening, u can jst see where the 2 small sores on his nose r healing, these are thankfully still the only symptoms he has shown

rshoney1.jpg

rshoney2.jpg

rshoney3.jpg

poor little munchkins. they are lucky you are there to care for them...

best of luck and lots of good vibes being sent to you

What a little soldier! Bless him and what a great job you did caring for him - they both are very lucky.

Lovely yellow hutch by the way - liking it!

Lovely yellow hutch by the way - liking it

:lol: thanks, it was originally jst a nice wood colour, but when i went to get paint to water treat it before winter Focus had hardly any water based 1s, could only get Cuprinol Garden Shades in either yellow, dark red, dark blue, or forest greem, so it was the best of the bunch! :lol:

awwwwww bless them! huge vibes being sent your way to you and the buns. i have to agree they are very lucky to have a caring owner like you to be there thro and thro :D

Poor Little Chicken!! Hes looking MUCH bettter!! Well Done Lucy for hanging in there and getting through the worst!! :thumb:

m
xx

Back