• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch owners and all owners! -updated lol

Doncat5

Mama Doe
Just to say, please make sure you have fitted some extra locks onto your new hutches, if you havent already. I think we've had a visit from Mr Fox (or a large hungry cat!) as 1 of my black clip thingies on the door looks a bit chewed this morning, cant think how else it could have happened. My bunnies are shut in the hutch part at 11 at night (I'm a paranoid bunny mummy and havent been brave enough to leave them out all night yet) and let out at 7am, fortunately I have 3 extra brass bolts fitted on the doors (they cost £1 each). Bunnies are fine and dont seem bothered by whatever happened last night, and if he comes back tonight, Mr Fox will be met by my rather annoyed English Bull Terrier, who happens to love my bunnies!

I dont live anywhere near the countryside either, I have seen foxes in the past but they've never bothered trying to get at my bunnies before.

Keep your bunnies safe folks!

Well I think I have found the culprit!!! I've just found my youngest cat sitting on top of the run, having a chew and the plastic bit!!! Now my cats are all got in at night, but apparently (so hubby says) he accidentally let her out before he went to bed, then he let her in again at 4am when he went to work..... when I got up this morning she was in the house so I was none the wiser. I think she might be the mystery chewer and not a fox after all..... phew. Why she chewed it, I have no idea, she did used to occassionally sleep with my old rabbit, so maybe she just wanted to get in with them! :lol: :lol: Off to rub lemon juice on my plastic bits!

Glad it's not a fox, but thanks for the tip, I'll def get some bolts for mine next time I go shopping

Phew! :) I've got bolts on 2 of the 3 doors, and keep meaning to get another for the 3rd. Will get on the case! :)

Back