• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Adoption Day, Sophie! =)

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
She's been with me for 12 years now, and I couldn't be happier about it. :love: I don't know if I ever told this story, but when Tom and I went looking for a new friend for him, I asked the rescue for a bunny who would be okay with travelling and staying at the vets a lot, as Tom had very frequent dental appointments. I'd figured they'd pick out a calm adult bunny, but instead they suggested Sophie of not even 4 months old. I think the idea was that she'd get used to it since she was so young? It was both the wrong and the right choice by the rescue, because Sophie never liked travelling and staying at the vets when she was young (she's more relaxed about it now), but it was the right decision because she's absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't replace her with anyone, and I'm sure Casper feels the same. :love: (Well, maybe Casper would like a Sophie who grooms him back more often :lol:)

I'll try to get some photos later! I got her some presents, too. :love:

:love: Sophie :love: Happy Adoption Day ! 12 years, that is such a lovely, long time to spend together. Sophie must be one of the luckiest pet rabbits ever, she's had all her teen & adult life under your care.

The rescue couldn't have picked a more perfect bunny if not the perfect travelling companion. I love it when things work that way.

I hope Sophie has a lovely day. I hope too that you can get some photos (of course I do:lol:)

:love: Sophie :love: Happy Adoption Day ! 12 years, that is such a lovely, long time to spend together. Sophie must be one of the luckiest pet rabbits ever, she's had all her teen & adult life under your care.

The rescue couldn't have picked a more perfect bunny if not the perfect travelling companion. I love it when things work that way.

I hope Sophie has a lovely day. I hope too that you can get some photos (of course I do:lol:)
Aw, I think I'm the lucky one. :love: It's been so wonderful seeing her grow up and grow older. I definitely agree that the rescue couldn't have picked a more perfect bunny. :love: I have passed along your wishes to Sophie, thank you. I've taken some photos, so I'll upload them. :lol:

Happy adoption day lovely Sophie, enjoy your day xx
Thank you, Pets mum. I have passed along what you said to Sophie as well. :love:

Sophie's been having a nice day so far full of naps and food. :love:

Here she's enjoying some goodies from my parents garden:

FqWxmGrh.jpg

5CoHyyxh.jpg

4FbARVHh.jpg

FBTEyMqh.jpg

Investigating her presents:

qLF9Pnkh.jpg

She's already chewed these balls a lot, which I knew she would, because she loves water hyacinth:

hXryWgrh.jpg

Taking a look at her tunnel:

FmRBsKEh.jpg

Smelling some treats in her new food toy:

I9MGqQKh.jpg

Opening the first one is easy...:

YblTBa7h.jpg

...and opening the others is easy, too, if you just throw the whole thing on its side :lol:

KMAPbQfh.jpg

TXKjo1Fh.jpg

dhQpuMTh.jpg

n70vU2Ih.jpg

Having finished all her pieces of dried carrot:

6ilEh1Ih.jpg

Some more chewing:

YP2gqxhh.jpg

vCLUKKth.jpg

Looking cute :love:

FSSCa8Xh.jpg

gosh Sophie, you got a lot of presents, which is only right of course.

Thanks for sharing all these photos of her enjoying them. She made me laugh tipping her treat toy over to open it:lol: Very clever and innovative. She looks glowing with health and happiness :love:the expression on her face when she has her hyacinth ball...its so adorable

Oh bless her, looks like she's had a wonderful day, you seem to find some brilliant bunny gifts too :thumb:

Thank you all so much for your wishes and kind words. :love: I'll tell Sophie about what you all said when she's more awake later today. I think she did have a nice day yesterday...until it was time for her weekly health check and I had to clip her nails and clean her underneath, poor girl, so undignified. ;)

Happy belated Gotcha day. Though Reader needs some gotcha day treats too because while Reader got you, you got a wonderful home with Reader.
It is wonderful that you also got a lovely extended family. Treats from Reader's parents garden and lots of help from mom too.
Sophie, you look much younger than your 12 years thanks to all the loving care from your humans and lets not forget how lucky you are to be bonded with handsome, lovable Casper. I hope he got some treats to celebrate your gotcha day.

Happy belated Gotcha day. Though Reader needs some gotcha day treats too because while Reader got you, you got a wonderful home with Reader.
It is wonderful that you also got a lovely extended family. Treats from Reader's parents garden and lots of help from mom too.
Sophie, you look much younger than your 12 years thanks to all the loving care from your humans and lets not forget how lucky you are to be bonded with handsome, lovable Casper. I hope he got some treats to celebrate your gotcha day.
Aww, this is so incredibly nice. Thank you. :love: Casper did get treats, but I didn't get anything for myself! I'll have to remember that for next year!

Wow! Sophie looks great for 12. Something in the air there? My Peter is 12 now but looks rather scruffy as he's moulting. I love the photos.x

Wow! Sophie looks great for 12. Something in the air there? My Peter is 12 now but looks rather scruffy as he's moulting. I love the photos.x
Haha, maybe something in the air! Thank you for the nice words, tonibun. That's wonderful that your Peter is 12, too. :love: I love older bunnies. Is he doing well, aside from looking scruffy? Until last week, Sophie was looking rather scruffy, too. She's only just finished moulting. :)

Aw happy adoption day to Sophie. Superb presents. My collie (rip) used to chuck her puzzle toy like that to get the treats out!

Aw happy adoption day to Sophie. Superb presents. My collie (rip) used to chuck her puzzle toy like that to get the treats out!
Aw, thank you, tulsi. What a clever doggy. :love: Why do it the hard way when you can just let gravity do all the work? :lol:

Haha, maybe something in the air! Thank you for the nice words, tonibun. That's wonderful that your Peter is 12, too. :love: I love older bunnies. Is he doing well, aside from looking scruffy? Until last week, Sophie was looking rather scruffy, too. She's only just finished moulting. :)

He's good really for 12 although I think he's quite blind now. He still goes out into the garden but it's funny when he has to come back in as he knows where to come but he has to jump over the partition which is part of the little gate so he feels for it before he jumps. He has no arthritis though. He lives with his Daughter who is 11 now and she is amazing. He was around a year old when I took them on, him, his wifebun and their 2 babies. They seem very hardy this family. They live in a Playhouse.

Back