• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating regular poops?

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Health, but since it's something she's eating, I decided on here. Feel free to move it, though, if it would be better in Health!

So, Sophie does this thing, and has for a long time, where she eats regular poops? She always did it with poops that were outside the litter tray, and Sophie can be pretty neat, so I've always figured it was her way of tidying up, but lately I've been seeing her eat them out of the litter tray, too. I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything about whether this is a bad thing? Should I be worried? Does anyone know? She eats both her own and Casper's.

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Health, but since it's something she's eating, I decided on here. Feel free to move it, though, if it would be better in Health!

So, Sophie does this thing, and has for a long time, where she eats regular poops? She always did it with poops that were outside the litter tray, and Sophie can be pretty neat, so I've always figured it was her way of tidying up, but lately I've been seeing her eat them out of the litter tray, too. I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything about whether this is a bad thing? Should I be worried? Does anyone know? She eats both her own and Casper's.

I discussed this with FHB OR :lol: she covered it in one of her lectures I attended. I'm more inclined to think the latter.

So Frances didn't have any ideas why bunnies do this, she has seen her own bunnies do it (which I found reassuring). There is a small risk of blockage so I wish bunnies didn't do this, but, there is nothing we can actually do about it :( Silly Sophie. Out of my current buns Boo does but I've not seen Eddy "indulge"

I discussed this with FHB OR :lol: she covered it in one of her lectures I attended. I'm more inclined to think the latter.

So Frances didn't have any ideas why bunnies do this, she has seen her own bunnies do it (which I found reassuring). There is a small risk of blockage so I wish bunnies didn't do this, but, there is nothing we can actually do about it :( Silly Sophie. Out of my current buns Boo does but I've not seen Eddy "indulge"
Oh, I see... That does feel reassuring that her own bunnies did it, too. That probably means it's not a mistake I'm making in caring for Sophie or something, then, since FHB would of course care for her bunnies very well. I didn't realise there's a small risk of blockage. :( Silly Boo doing it, too. Let's hope Eddy doesn't learn from her.

i wonder if now, she is so far in to her retirement, FHB has drawn any conclusions / themes to these little puzzles that crop up.

Perhaps its done when they've eaten something super tasty & want to experience it again :lol: it'd be a pain to monitor though

i wonder if now, she is so far in to her retirement, FHB has drawn any conclusions / themes to these little puzzles that crop up.

Perhaps its done when they've eaten something super tasty & want to experience it again :lol: it'd be a pain to monitor though
That would be interesting to know.

Yeah, how would you even try to find that out. :lol: It wouldn't surprise me, though; bunnies are weird. ;)

Mine do this occasionally, sometimes they'll just be pottering about and come across one they like the look of and eat it :lol:

Back