• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Had a terrible emergency vet appointment for Casper and am angry

I think I'd do the same, give him a while longer before considering tests - especially now he is eating more hay. What a good boy

"The vet said I could go back if I don't start eating?! Hmm, maybe I WILL eat more hay then!" XD Hope he continues to eat well an it was just a bit of leftover pain xx

I think I'd do the same, give him a while longer before considering tests - especially now he is eating more hay. What a good boy
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's good to know you think that's the right thing to do, too. And, yes, he's being a very good boy. :love:

"The vet said I could go back if I don't start eating?! Hmm, maybe I WILL eat more hay then!" XD Hope he continues to eat well an it was just a bit of leftover pain xx
That's very likely what he was thinking. :lol: Thank you for hoping for him. He just ate a bunch of pellets, so that's good!

Aw, thank you, Zoobec. :love: He is; he just ate some greens, and he ate quite a few pellets for dinner, and he's been eating hay all through the day today. He just needs to eat some more pellets, because he's lost weight since his dental. But today has been his best day so far, so hopefully he'll keep getting better. :love:

Aw, thank you, Zoobec. :love: He is; he just ate some greens, and he ate quite a few pellets for dinner, and he's been eating hay all through the day today. He just needs to eat some more pellets, because he's lost weight since his dental. But today has been his best day so far, so hopefully he'll keep getting better. :love:

It sounds like he’s making great progress :love:

Glad to read that Casper is regaining his appetite. Continuing to tip up the vibes for Casper and hope he’s back to normal very soon. Xx

It sounds like he’s making great progress :love:
Yes, I think so! :love:

Glad to read that Casper is regaining his appetite. Continuing to tip up the vibes for Casper and hope he’s back to normal very soon. Xx
Thank you for the vibes, Craig.

Sending more munching vibes for Casper. Glad he is eating lots to keep his GI system moving.
Thank you for the vibes, too, bunny momma.

This morning when it was time for breakfast he came running, and then he chased his food ball, which he hasn't done since his dental. He's definitely more like his normal hungry little self now. :love:

Back