• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodbye Ginny & Widget......So heartbroken.

This has been a terrible week for me. I cannot believe it... First Ginny passed away in her sleep on Wednesday, 31st August aged 10. Widget seemed to be improving after his terrible illness. I think the loss of Ginny caused him to relapse and he gave up fighting. He stopped eating and lost all interest. We had another emergency trip to the vet on Saturday. They admitted him and put him on a drip, but the dreaded call came at 8am Sunday morning, he was only 4. My husband buried them together in the garden. It's so sad.

This has been a terrible week for me. I cannot believe it... First Ginny passed away in her sleep on Wednesday, 31st August aged 10. Widget seemed to be improving after his terrible illness. I think the loss of Ginny caused him to relapse and he gave up fighting. He stopped eating and lost all interest. We had another emergency trip to the vet on Saturday. They admitted him and put him on a drip, but the dreaded call came at 8am Sunday morning, he was only 4. My husband buried them together in the garden. It's so sad.

Oh no, I am so very sorry :cry: I really thought that Widget had won his battle :cry:

Please forgive me for mentioning this, I know it may seem horribly insensitive, but even though Ginny was 10 after Widget passing just a few days later the Vet did rule out any chance of RHD2 didn't he/she ?

So, so sorry to mention this on here

RIP Ginny and Widget xx

Last edited:
Thank you all for your kind words.

I had five vets who all said that they were very sure that my bunnies did NOT have the dreaded RHD2 virus. Widget's illness was a severe bacterial infection. Ginny had got very slow and was sleeping a lot. Really, it was only a matter of time. She'd been on borrowed time since she'd had her stroke four years ago. I believe that Widget couldn't live without her. We didn't even have time to find him another pal.
It's been horrible. Heather and Rosie have had their RHD2 vaccinations, luckily they seem happy and healthy.

I'm so sorry :cry:

Run free Ginny and Widget xx

I'm so very sorry to see that Ginny and Widget have crossed the Bridge. I can only imagine your heartbreak. ((((((((Huge Hugs)))))))))

Sleep well and sweet dreams, dear ones. xxxx

Back