• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can someone help - my wee bunny died so sudden

Thank you so much all of you, it really is heart breaking. I am sleeping at my parents since she died cos I just cant bear to be in my own house and her not there it is not the same, it was just her and me and now it is so empty. I think about her constantly and miss her terribly,I only had her for 4 and a half months but she will be forever in my heart. My neighbors asked my Dad over a year ago if I wanted a rabbit and I said no cos i didn't think it would be fair being at work all day and have a pet, i had never had a pet in my house before, it was her. I wish I had gone over and seen her cos I would have fallen in love with her and took her home then but I hadn't seen her I only took her off my neighbors after she got sick to care for her, we could have had longer together... what ifs, what ifs. I got her ashes back and I hope that I see her again one day. I was over at my house yesterday morning and the house was so cold cos I hadn't been sleeping there for a few days, I was crying, of course and I walked towards where she used to sleep when I first got her and all of a sudden felt completely warm, the room was freezing... I am very skeptical of such things but it made me wonder. Thanks for your support, you are all such good caring people xx

I have a completely open mind as to the wonder of our beloved rabbits - both here on earth and beyond. I have no doubt she was reassuring you of her continued love and affection, just as she is assured always of yours :love:

Thanks Beau Belle.

MicghtyMax I had a very strong feeling of her being with me, I have had pets die before but never felt this before. A very strong presence, I talk to her all the time, naturally in my head without thinking about it, I have never done this before after loss. I have to admit this weekend was the first time I didn't feel the presence as much but i feel it coming back again. I said in a previous post a few days after she died because I have been staying at my parents since she died (still can't be in the house without her) the heating was off mostly and the house was freezing and I went over to check the house and was walking across the living room thinking how freezing it was and as i approached where she used to lie and where her casket is I felt a strong warmth all through my body, it felt lovely. I checked to see if there could be artificial heat coming from anywhere and there wasn't. Around the same time where she died i found a dead moth, it was not there before. A few days later I found a crystal bead lying on the floor in front of her casket, again this had not been there before and was definitely not mine or of any clothes etc of mine. One morning last week I went over to my house first thing, it was still nearly dark and I opened the door, a tissue fell in front of my face from somewhere and I could hear thumping coming from beside me (startled me a little actually). Of course the bead could have come in on my shoe or something, the moth could have just died there, hearing noises could be just my mind playing tricks but I can't explain the warmth and the strong feeling of presence. I am usually very skeptical to be honest but I have never had these feelings before after a lose. Still miss her like crazy, cry when I think of her a lot but I know in time it will get better. xx

I am so sorry for your loss. I want to tell you not to beat yourself up and do the 'what ifs'; I know from my own experience that is not possible. Sometimes we cannot save our beloved pets no matter what we do or do not do.

Some bunnies will live relatively healthy lives for many years; while others getting the same care can die with little warning or have a lifetime of health issues. I suspect that she was already in the process of dying before you picked her up and that is why she acted the way she acted. Death can take a long time or it can happen quickly. The later is harder on us but easier on them.

I am so very sorry :cry:

Personally I do believe that some spirits/souls/essence of a living creature - human or animal - do stick around us before they go off to wherever they go.

I hope that in time you are able to offer all that love you have to another bun xxx

I am so very sorry :cry:

Personally I do believe that some spirits/souls/essence of a living creature - human or animal - do stick around us before they go off to wherever they go.

I hope that in time you are able to offer all that love you have to another bun xxx

Well said Feelie.

Back