• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

General Anaesthetic Question

Last number i can see is 708, so i'll take it to 711.

3 GA's

1x Biscuit: 1x neuter
2x Ginger: 1x Spay, 1x exploratory GA

That's really reasurring. I must admit I've been putting off Bramble's nuter because I was worried about the GA.

All 11 of my buns have had one for neuter/spay with no probs.

Crunchie had an extra one for an accident (he ripped his ear) which went fine aswell.

So thats 12 in total here.

4 neuters,1 restitching after spay,and 7 dentals all with no probs whatsoever :D [another neuter due next week]

7 neuters/spays & 7 dentals over the years, with no problems
We lost Bonnie 4 days after her last dental... she took the anaesthetic badly on that occasion ... she'd just had her 2nd birthday :cry:

Graham- 2 GA's. First for neuter, came round fine. 2nd for tummy blockage but didnt make it.

Strawbs- 1 for neuter

Snowdrop- 1 for neuter

Bungle- 3. Neuter, one to have his nose stitched and another to be restitched after he pulled out the stitches.

I make that 766

add my 8 neuters, 4 for accidents requiring stitches and 1 for a dental all sucessful, making the running total

Old thread!
There must have been thousands of successful GAs on here. I'm sure this will bring reassurance to people.

I make that 766

add my 8 neuters, 4 for accidents requiring stitches and 1 for a dental all sucessful, making the running total

779 plus yaretzi's next two are 781, and I reckon we've had maybe another 20-30 this last year which takes it up to

say 805

In that time we've had one VERY near miss in a bunny who has been GA-ed several times with no probems previously, but her heart stopped and she wouldn't breathe as soon as she was put under so they had to resucitate her as well as give her her dental. She is fine now :) we face the next dental knowing it could be her last but there is no other option but give the dental.

Old thread!
There must have been thousands of successful GAs on here. I'm sure this will bring reassurance to people.

Might be old, but still useful hopefully :)

Ben- 1 successful neuter, 6 dentals

Cupcake- 1 successful spay

Holly- 1 successful spay, 7 dentals

Harley- 1 successful neuter

Estimating now= 837??

Angel = 1 for spay.
Parsley = 2 that I know of one neuter, one xray

Bridge Bun Midnight = spay

So 4 from me.

Total = 852

I am afraid I can't even count how many our lot have had. I imagine over 50 neuters in the last 5-6 years and other dental/xray ops too.

Only lost one bunny whose lungs were found to be full of sawdust and congestion. That was 5 years ago.

Not entirely sure, but I think Barney has had 3 more since this thread, all dentals, and hes a snuffles bun so a combination of a slow gut and iffy breathing at time of GA makes it a higher risk.

Anna was neutered.

So another 4 from me :) and happy to say no problems with any of them.

Back