• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gabriel ill :o( U/D he's gone

I'm so sorry you've lost him, what a shock.

It all happens so quickly sometimes, nothing prepares you for the suddenness of it all.

I remember him being ill at the same time as Rudy last October, it really is such a shock he's gone.

Sending hugs for you and Daisy.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Its so sad :( I can't imagine what you're going through *hugs*

Binky free Gabriel xxx

ive only just seen this thread....omg hun im sooo sorry.

you did the right thing trying to get him to the vet....theres nothing else you or anyone else could have done......its just what happens..its awful..it sucks..its heartbreaking but its part of the territory when you are a bunny mummy as you only know too well...thats the worst part when it seems yoru buns go one after the other or get so ill one after the other.......

you went through so much togehter..im so sorry xxxxxxxx

binky free gabriel.......say hi to all the bridge buns from here for us all:love:

((((((HUGS))))) for you....

ill tell oyu what a lady told us when we lost oscar...she said all her years of taking animals in she truly believes that when your pet has ahd all the love care and attention and has experinced true happiness love and securtiy..even if its only for a few days....they pass on making way for a new pet whos been waiting for the space to try to fill your heart and mind and learn also what it is to be cherished and cared for.

i think she was right....its been like that for us.

Your kind words make me cry all over again, I need to, I need to let go of his earthly life - Thank you, I feel my baby is with me in my heart now and forever xxx

Back