• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gabriel ill :o( U/D he's gone

I feel so lost....I can't stop crying... I just don't know why this had to happen... he started to go downhill this morning, I spent evey second with him after we got back from the. He got quieter and quieter, I held him on my lap and cradled his head in my hands - I knew he was going. I didn't know what to do - whether to wait for him to go at home or try and get him to the vet. I think I knew he wouldn't make the car journey, even though it was only 5 mins. When I first put him in the carrier he was lying on his side with his head back and eyes closed. Once in the car, he tried to sit up, had a siezure and died.

I hope I did the right thing trying to get him to the vet????? I just had to try !
He went very quicky.

I feel so so lost and after all the other bad things that have happened this year just don't understand it......what have i done so wrong to have so much pain....

I will never forgot him.. my angel....

Oh goodness Julia I am so, so sorry you've lost your beautiful Gabriel - I'm gutted for you hun.

You absolutely did the right thing trying to get him to the vet.

Run free Gabriel at the bridge, sleep tight little fella xxxx

It sounds like you did everything you could and more. I'm sure he loved every moment he spent with you. So very sorry you have lost your little man:cry:

Oh no. :cry::cry::cry: I've only just found this thread and am so sorry that I didn't see it sooner to offer my support.

I'm so sorry you've lost Gabriel; you did absolutely everything you could and of course you were doing the right thing by trying to get him to the vet.

Huge hugs. xxxx

As he had a high temperature he probably had an acute infection. It is very likely that he went into septicaemic shock. I doubt very much that even having a Vet sitting in your house would have saved him :cry:
You did absolutely everything possible

:cry: :cry:

Sorry for your loss :( . I am sure we all can relate to how you are feeling and we all have bad times when we feel nothing is going right and no matter how much we help our pets we just cant seem to save them all . I have felt exactly the same as you and think to myself its something i have done wrong or being punished for , its nothing you have done wrong ! says the one thats good at giving this advise but not taking it at times ! Hugs to you x

Bless Gabriel.

He's been one bun on RU that I could put a face to in an instant when I heard his name. He was just one of those buns wasn't he.

Like you say, very special.

So very, very sorry that you have lost him.

Binky free fella. xx

Oh gosh, i am so sorry :cry:

I cant believe hes gone :shock: :cry: :cry:

Sleep tight Gabriel xxx

Big hugs to you hun xxx

Back