• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friends just bought Easter bunnies U/D 2/4/16

Yeah I did think that too, but funnily enough she text me this morning to say happy Easter and that one of them had 'nibbled' her little brothers finger!

She knows she can always contact me for advice, I just really hope she's not going to be one of these people in regards to rabbits :cry:
Let's hope that was just a one off, otherwise they may not even last until July [emoji20] It's good that you're always there for her to contact though if she has any questions.[emoji4]

I've found most four year olds to understand being gentle. I'd never let them catch but will let them stroke and once you show what gentle is they tend to always be good.
Its the two year olds I'm scared of.

It's lovely you've helped get them their vaccines and I'm hoping the vet can talk her into neutering.

Thankfully we don't sell to under 18's in our store. Company policy... law says they have to be at least 16yrs... doesn't mean we have to sell.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I've found most four year olds to understand being gentle. I'd never let them catch but will let them stroke and once you show what gentle is they tend to always be good.
Its the two year olds I'm scared of.

It's lovely you've helped get them their vaccines and I'm hoping the vet can talk her into neutering.

Thankfully we don't sell to under 18's in our store. Company policy... law says they have to be at least 16yrs... doesn't mean we have to sell.

I know they can be gentle when stroking them, I was referring to like, 4 year old catching them haha.

I saw a rex and her babies been given for free on a local selling page before :( I contacted our local rescue who took them in to avoid the poor babies going to someone to use as bait etc :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully agree, my youngest brother is 4 and if he's here whilst I've got the rabbits out he knows not to catch them and will sit/lay waiting for them to come to him

She said the rabbit didn't draw blood this time, I hate to think what would happen if he did though!

I also hate to think about any rabbits suffering already due to Easter sales :(

Said friend has gone and bought herself a baby rabbit, so they have three

She's tried to put her new rabbit in with her 4 year old brothers pair - one has bitten the other

I actually give up.....

Said friend has gone and bought herself a baby rabbit, so they have three

She's tried to put her new rabbit in with her 4 year old brothers pair - one has bitten the other

I actually give up.....

:roll: I don't blame you :(

Are her parents not saying anything about this?

Her parents bought her the third rabbit, and from what she's told me they get to make all the final choices about the rabbits care too

They thought they were 9 weeks but when the two went for their jabs the vets said they're about 12
(She also told them they only need the one jab when I asked if they were getting it done yearly)

It could be due to her age regarding the vets choices. They tend to only deal with 18yrs and over.

It must be so frustrating :roll:

I think what I would do now is maybe give her a written list of key things about rabbit care. Then I would just walk away from the issue unless she asks for advice. Sad for the rabbits, but she clearly is going to be selective in what she takes notice of and I think you will just end up upset and annoyed, which is so unfair on you.

It must be so frustrating :roll:

I think what I would do now is maybe give her a written list of key things about rabbit care. Then I would just walk away from the issue unless she asks for advice. Sad for the rabbits, but she clearly is going to be selective in what she takes notice of and I think you will just end up upset and annoyed, which is so unfair on you.

I don't see her since I got the boot from college! I've given her all the advice she needs, she keeps coming back for more :lol:

They're now trying to think what pet they should get her 16 year old brother - either a rabbit or some kind of reptile, will end great! :lol:

I don't see her since I got the boot from college! I've given her all the advice she needs, she keeps coming back for more[emoji38]
They're now trying to think what pet they should get her 16 year old brother - either a rabbit or some kind of reptile, will end great! :lol:
Oh my! They're just going to end up with a bunch of single, injures bunnies at this rate! If something bad does happen don't feel guilty though as you have done everything that you could to help.

Oh my! They're just going to end up with a bunch of single, injures bunnies at this rate! If something bad does happen don't feel guilty though as you have done everything that you could to help.

The way I see it, I've given her all the resources she needs and she either takes it on board or doesn't, up to her but I've done my best!

I'm not even sure they should have three rabbits, she was telling me at college how tight their money was and they can barley afford her train fare (though, their finances aren't any of my business...rabbits are just expensive! :lol: )

The way I see it, I've given her all the resources she needs and she either takes it on board or doesn't, up to her but I've done my best!

I'm not even sure they should have three rabbits, she was telling me at college how tight their money was and they can barley afford her train fare (though, their finances aren't any of my business...rabbits are just expensive![emoji38])
You're telling me, in the past 6 months I have spent close to £2000 on mine! [emoji23]

You've done all you can with offering advice etc so well done, and try not to get too involved if she is not listening and going against what you're suggesting, although at least she's vaccinated them and may take better care of them than it seems although unlikely since she's bought a baby and now the older brother is asking for a pet too! I've been in your situation many times studying animal courses at college and now uni, so I don't get involved anymore as none of the times I've tried to help has anyone taken any notice and it's always ended badly!

You've done all you can with offering advice etc so well done, and try not to get too involved if she is not listening and going against what you're suggesting, although at least she's vaccinated them and may take better care of them than it seems although unlikely since she's bought a baby and now the older brother is asking for a pet too! I've been in your situation many times studying animal courses at college and now uni, so I don't get involved anymore as none of the times I've tried to help has anyone taken any notice and it's always ended badly!

Yeah that's true, she's got the resources now anyway so when things do start to go wrong she might think "oh wait"! :lol:
So sad so many rabbits get into situations like this though :( Xx

Back