• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Bella again

Sorry but have you not had Bella very long? If not, it will make bonding much easier. Yes lots of people like Haybox. I have hay from the farm but he makes it for all the pet shops on the Island. It's very good. He also has some Timothy hay but that is very expensive (when you have many Rabbits) but it's also tough on my hands. So I have bought some from PAH, they chop it up into smaller pieces but mine only get it as a treat.

Sorry but have you not had Bella very long? If not, it will make bonding much easier. Yes lots of people like Haybox. I have hay from the farm but he makes it for all the pet shops on the Island. It's very good. He also has some Timothy hay but that is very expensive (when you have many Rabbits) but it's also tough on my hands. So I have bought some from PAH, they chop it up into smaller pieces but mine only get it as a treat.

Morning, we’ve only had her since end of may when we took them both for a better life. That’s great about the farm [emoji846]. Helping him also by buying local. Yes can imagine the expense. We go through a lot with just 2 piggies & Bella & shadow when she was here. Morgan’s loving it as he probably had cheap hay in the centre I think. Today I was out in garden tidying up & sweeping leaves so let Bella roam free for a bit which she loves it I’m outside. Anyway Morgan had hopped to the kitchen & went under table which I think he likes. We have sliding doors from there out to the garden & Bella went up to the glass. She never comes that close to the house so coukdnt believe when I looked up & she was there trying to get in. She knew he was there but I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. Do you think I should get curtains back up there as they see eachother through the glass xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about curtains. What was her reaction when she saw him? She'll be able to smell him anyway so you can't keep him a secret as it were! Their sense of smell is amazing, we really can't imagine it. My Rabbits are so hungry just now, I wonder if they sense a bad winter ahead. They are always hungry but this is more intense it seems.

I don't know about curtains. What was her reaction when she saw him? She'll be able to smell him anyway so you can't keep him a secret as it were! Their sense of smell is amazing, we really can't imagine it. My Rabbits are so hungry just now, I wonder if they sense a bad winter ahead. They are always hungry but this is more intense it seems.

Hi Toni, she was absolutely fine & wanted in lol. Definitely not a secret anymore [emoji85] she was Just putting her nose up to the glass but wanted inside. Morgan went over but kept running away back. I’m not sure if he was a bit scared. He’s been very scared hiding under straw. He’s been very scared Iv never seen that before & burrowing in the hay. I hope he’s ok. The sspca phoned today but it was a guy just doing a random call & said he would need to get someone to phone me about that. I read through his notes & it said yes to previous illness or injury, will take a pic & post it. I know he fought with his brother & they had to separate them so could be that. They both weren’t neutered & it’s not any wander that happened while both were intact & boys. I didn’t know they smelt so well! She must have sniffed him out lol. He’s just ate his veg & loved it. Maybe they do know it will be a bad winter. I’m seriously thinking to keep both inside for winter. I just worry about the cold even in a shed. Xx

Sometimes they are a bit scared but when he is bonded with Bella this will help him to feel more confident. I hope her dental will go well today.

Sometimes they are a bit scared but when he is bonded with Bella this will help him to feel more confident. I hope her dental will go well today.

Morning, I went in to vets for 8.30 but they didn’t get their oxygen supply in!! Had to come home with her & wait for them to phone with another appointment [emoji17]. Yes definitely will help him. I want to get her dental done asap then can look at bonding them as I know that will make a big difference to him xx

How is Bella after her dental?

Hi, was just going to post. Thank you for asking . Well we arrived at vets but had to come home! They did t get their oxygen supply. Iv got an appt on Monday at 8.40 though. I want to get bellas dental & give her a couple days to recover before trying bonding. The frustrating thing is I’m off for 5 days as of today so would have been a good time to do it. Bella keeps coming up to the doors when she’s out roaming with me so I think she wants to meet Morgan. I try to let her free roam for an hr a day while I’m in the garden. When we look after my friends rabbit when she goes away in our house she never came up at all to the glass but had shadow then. Today we have made progress with Morgan [emoji846]. He’s been coming out much more & has come up to my hand a few times I’m so happy. He loves his greens lol. Iv just been sitting near him talking to him. Don’t want to pick him up as it’s to soon for cuddles. I don’t want to try bonding before dental as they would need to be separated as she will get kept in all day after it. I always took both her & shadow together to vets if was just an appointment xx

Just been catching up with your latest posts, so pleased that you found Morgan, he looks a gorgeous bunny, and Iove his name. Hope Bellas dental goes ok on Monday, sounds like she's really interested in Morgan already. I shall look forward to hearing how the bonding goes. Good luck bunnies !

Sorry to hear Bella couldn't have the dental today but pleased you have made some progress with Morgan. It sounds like you've been getting a lot of rain. Bed time for me! Night!

Just been catching up with your latest posts, so pleased that you found Morgan, he looks a gorgeous bunny, and Iove his name. Hope Bellas dental goes ok on Monday, sounds like she's really interested in Morgan already. I shall look forward to hearing how the bonding goes. Good luck bunnies !

Morning, thank you me to. He’s adorable & Iv fallen in love with him already. Yes she’s so interested. Iv been out this morning raking leaves & let her out with me. She goes straight up to the glass door to see him. She sits there & grooms herself. Morgan hops over but he’s still a bit scared. He’s gone back in his straw box & buried himself for now. I’m no expert but I think Bella may end up being dominant. She’s booked in on Monday for her dental. Will definitely update when I do bonding xx

Sorry to hear Bella couldn't have the dental today but pleased you have made some progress with Morgan. It sounds like you've been getting a lot of rain. Bed time for me! Night!

Morning, thank you it was rather annoying but at least she’s in for Monday. It was just I had the time off so would have been great for bonding. Yes we have had a fair bit of rain here. Iv had to put waterproof trousers on to go out in garden lol but it’s been dry in between. It’s not a good idea to try bonding before mon is it? That’s when she has vets. She’s coming up to the glass each time & again this morning when I let her out with me while I was raking leaves. She sat grooming herself. Morgan is curios but not so much & hopped back in to his straw box thing. In your bonding experience do they normally if they are going to bond be ok with no fights in a few hrs or a day? Is it ok & going ok as long as a fight doesn’t happen? I think Bella will be dominant as Morgan’s quite scared. Xx

I have just bonded 2 Rabbits for a family who assured me that the female was the dominant one but I wasn't sure until I put them together and the boy started to chase the girl. She thankfully ran away each time he pursued her and within 15 minutes they had calmed down and I knew they were going to be fine. Let's hope this is what happens when you put Morgan with Bella. I think the reason they thought the girl was the dominant one was because she is the more confident of the two, he is much shyer. The female should run away from the male, not attack him. If this happens you will need to separate them.

I have just bonded 2 Rabbits for a family who assured me that the female was the dominant one but I wasn't sure until I put them together and the boy started to chase the girl. She thankfully ran away each time he pursued her and within 15 minutes they had calmed down and I knew they were going to be fine. Let's hope this is what happens when you put Morgan with Bella. I think the reason they thought the girl was the dominant one was because she is the more confident of the two, he is much shyer. The female should run away from the male, not attack him. If this happens you will need to separate them.

Morning, that’s great to hear you bonded them [emoji846]. Lol well I guess it doesn’t mean just cause 1 was dominant in a pair before & is more confident that they will be top bun. Thank you for that. I do hope it all goes ok but I know the chasing is to be expected & also seen it on videos I watched on bonding. That would be amazing if in 15 mins they were ok. Bella has her dental on Monday. Do you think I need to wait till after that to try bonding them? I’d thought about trying but even if It did work & I took Morgan with her, they would need to be separated when she goes under & for a time afterwards while she wakes up/recovers xx

I would definitely wait now until Bella has had her dental as even if you were to introduce them now they wouldn't be bonded by Monday so it would mean interrupting that. :thumb:

I would definitely wait now until Bella has had her dental as even if you were to introduce them now they wouldn't be bonded by Monday so it would mean interrupting that. :thumb:

Hi, yes your right & I did think it best to wait. Plus she will need a couple days to get over the anaesthetic. Each time Iv been out with her in garden she keeps going up to the glass to see him. I hope that’s a good sign. Morgan’s being a cheeky boy & not eating much hay. Mind you I’m waiting for my haybox delivery so hopefully he will eat that when it comes. Iv been giving him his greens but I think he might be a bit overweight to be honest. I don’t know how much pellets he was getting before coming here. My pigs & Bella don’t get pellets now as so much stuffs added to them when you look at the ingredients. The pigs love their hay & veg & Bella can eat grass all day out in her enclosure. She was t a big hay eater when we got her but she eats it. I get them other things from pets at home & forage mixes from haybox for sometimes. Will do the same with Morgan but he’s been getting some as can’t just cut them out xx

You are very brave to stop feeding pellets. I couldn't do it. What do you feed your Piggies then to ensure they are getting sufficient Vitamin C? I've got 2 11yr old Bunnies who love their pellets, they are really healthy, no stasis, dental problems or arthritis so I see no reason to stop pellets. From the photos of Morgan he doesn't seem overweight. He is a lovely Rabbit, you were lucky to get him.

You are very brave to stop feeding pellets. I couldn't do it. What do you feed your Piggies then to ensure they are getting sufficient Vitamin C? I've got 2 11yr old Bunnies who love their pellets, they are really healthy, no stasis, dental problems or arthritis so I see no reason to stop pellets. From the photos of Morgan he doesn't seem overweight. He is a lovely Rabbit, you were lucky to get him.

Morning, wow that’s amazing they are 11 & must be really healthy & happy [emoji846]. the piggies haven’t had them for ages but the love their hay & eat loads of it. I give them cucumber & peppers each day & lots of grass. That’s what the guinea pig forum said is best for them veg wise. I had asked about vit c before but apparently they don’t need it as when I got them I bought a supplement one thinking they needed it. I also do spring greens. I go out foraging in nature a lot I kind of became obsessed with that lol. I give them forage mixes from haybox & hay cookies which are more like wee hay things & they get treats from pets at home. I bought 1 of every forage on haybox lol & belka gets it also. She has hay & loves eating grass all day long. As long as they are eating lots of grass & hay I think it’s ok as part of their natural diet. They definitely love the pellets but Bella wasn’t eating enough hay before stopping them. I know everyone’s different though & some like to give pellets. I have thought about making my own homemade with no added stuff. I thought he was overweight he’s much bigger in real life. He feels so solid & heavy. I thought that might have been why but that might be his build. I’m not sure how much veg & pellets he was fed at sspca. When we got Bella & shadow they were getting a big bowl each in the morning & night of pellets & were overweight. Bellas weight good now but poor things were over eating it. I hope Morgan eats more hay soon when we get the haybox tomo. I ordered 3 types for him to try. I Normally get the Timothy for Bella & pigs but he might like meadow or different texture. I thought rabbits shoukd eat loads of hay? Bella has a seas to grass all day & he will go when they get bonded & can go out. I’m going to have to keep Bella & him in till spring though as he has never been out & has no winter coat. Then they can go in the new shed with enclosure when warmer. Xx

You are doing very well with your feeding and yes they should be eating loads of hay or grass. The last Rabbit to join us came with a big Carrot :shock: I've more or less weaned her off them now and she gets a small piece now and then.

You are doing very well with your feeding and yes they should be eating loads of hay or grass. The last Rabbit to join us came with a big Carrot :shock: I've more or less weaned her off them now and she gets a small piece now and then.

Hi Toni, Thank you. I know exactly what you mean about carrots. Bella & shadow we’re getting the as well as apples everyday! Plus a full bowl each of pellets morning & night. I stopped as well & will occasionally give a bit to Bella. Some people think it’s ok & don’t realise. Bella had her dental today & picking her up soon. They did her molars & also the matting under her chin & chest. They had to shave her but I had said I thought that’s what was needed. I felt terrible as it’s been there probably since we got her in may. I only noticed when I was brushing under there & she got upset. I then felt them & I had taken her before about being wet there but thy said was just probably drooling because of teeth. So thankful I felt them poor girl. I also asked them to give her glands a clean & they noticed she was a bit seollen in her genitals. They have given an anti inflammatory & she’s to have for a week to see if it goes down. If not she needs to go back & get to the bottom of what it is. Only a couple wks ago I’d said about it but the nurse I think it was not very said it was normal! It definitely wasn’t. At least she’s getting a good medical check & hopefully get her all sorted out xx

Back