• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Bella again

The new Buck will have to remain indoors until next Spring if he is currently indoors

Hello, ok thank you for that. He can definitely stay in as we have a room for him. Bellas back outside now but as I’m going to try bonding them, if the bond works ok do you think it will be best to keep them both in together till spring? As don’t want to then separate them if that makes sense. I can then put them out in the new shed together to live in spring. Do you think that would be best? If the boy goes in the planned room when we get them as he will already be in there then I think I will need to use another room in the house both haven’t been in to do bonding xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, ok thank you for that. He can definitely stay in as we have a room for him. Bellas back outside now but as I’m going to try bonding them, if the bond works ok do you think it will be best to keep them both in together till spring? As don’t want to then separate them if that makes sense. I can then put them out in the new shed together to live in spring. Do you think that would be best? If the boy goes in the planned room when we get them as he will already be in there then I think I will need to use another room in the house both haven’t been in to do bonding xx

It gets quite confusing as it’s my first time doing it. I just want to make sure I get things right & really want it to work for the new boy to stay with us. I think I should keep the planned room for the boy as the bonding room for both of them as neither has been in there. When he arrives I can take him in the living room until bonding. Is it ok to start the bonding today when we get him or wait a day or 2 for him to settle in? Xx

Hi! I have been busy but I would let him get used to his new surroundings for a few days then when he's calmer you can introduce them. It won't matter if you put him in the room you want to bond them in - it might even be a good thing.

Hi! I have been busy but I would let him get used to his new surroundings for a few days then when he's calmer you can introduce them. It won't matter if you put him in the room you want to bond them in - it might even be a good thing.

Hello, don’t worry at all thank you so much for getting back to me. Just finished the home check was later than planned & all is good for Morgan to come [emoji846]. We are picking him up tomo at 11.30. The thing is the sspca say for bonding it’s better to have them side by side with a barrier for a while before letting them meet loose. They said a teddy in with each & swap round to get used to smells of eachother. Im going to take your advice though & keep them separate till they go into the neutral space. So now im going to keep the downstairs room for bonding & keep the new boy in the living room when he arrives to give him a chance to settle in with us before doing any bonding. I know you said you bonded lots of bunnies so you know what your doing. Im not even sure if sspca do bonding rabbits there. I can’t help be excited but not letting myself get fully excited incase it doesn’t work [emoji17]xx

Hello, don’t worry at all thank you so much for getting back to me. Just finished the home check was later than planned & all is good for Morgan to come [emoji846]. We are picking him up tomo at 11.30. The thing is the sspca say for bonding it’s better to have them side by side with a barrier for a while before letting them meet loose. They said a teddy in with each & swap round to get used to smells of eachother. Im going to take your advice though & keep them separate till they go into the neutral space. So now im going to keep the downstairs room for bonding & keep the new boy in the living room when he arrives to give him a chance to settle in with us before doing any bonding. I know you said you bonded lots of bunnies so you know what your doing. Im not even sure if sspca do bonding rabbits there. I can’t help be excited but not letting myself get fully excited incase it doesn’t work [emoji17]xx

Because it will be heartbreaking if he has to go back if it doesn’t work for me & the bunnies all round. Will just have to see how it goes xx

A lot of people do side-by-side, I never have. One of the main things is to keep calm as if you do this sort of thing every day and the Bunnies will pick up on your mood, whereas if you are all tense and scared, then they will think something must be wrong. I know it isn't easy but how you approach it will influence how they behave. Talk to Bella and tell her you have got a lovely friend for her as you don't want her to be all alone during the winter.

A lot of people do side-by-side, I never have. One of the main things is to keep calm as if you do this sort of thing every day and the Bunnies will pick up on your mood, whereas if you are all tense and scared, then they will think something must be wrong. I know it isn't easy but how you approach it will influence how they behave. Talk to Bella and tell her you have got a lovely friend for her as you don't want her to be all alone during the winter.

Ok I see, that will be why they said that & have been watching lots of videos & reading loads online. I feel this is the best place for advice though. Iv been talking to her already telling her lol when she has cuddles about a new friend & during her grieving. Thank you for this advice I will make sure I’m calm & prepared to do this. Morgan will have the new name thumper xx

Ok I see, that will be why they said that & have been watching lots of videos & reading loads online. I feel this is the best place for advice though. Iv been talking to her already telling her lol when she has cuddles about a new friend & during her grieving. Thank you for this advice I will make sure I’m calm & prepared to do this. Morgan will have the new name thumper xx

I thought Morgan was a lovely name! What breed is he?

I thought Morgan was a lovely name! What breed is he?

I’m not sure of Morgan but I was thinking he might be used to that name so might have to keep it. I know Bella knows her name lol when you call her. I will get a screen shot pic of him & post it here. I think it said cross breed xx

I’m not sure of Morgan but I was thinking he might be used to that name so might have to keep it. I know Bella knows her name lol when you call her. I will get a screen shot pic of him & post it here. I think it said cross breed xx

844a1f7b383b83271d730471658346cd.jpg

55422db583ca74384c79289a19682909.jpg

9ea8df20f5edb1b6ccd652f809a5e70a.jpg

f01cc41b754a40f236dbdd1dd7837254.jpg

3ed5b252b0851d58df00f85b3db2e601.jpg

e6bc9fc8dbb7b2b6b752829183ebea35.jpg

Here’s me & belka having cuddles although bit blurred. She loves cuddling up to my neck & pics of Morgan [emoji846]. Morgan & Bella go nice together as names I think xx

Aw he's absolutely lovely! I love his helicopter ears and both Bella and him are the same colour - Agouti. She has to like him. Hope he settles down in his new home. I can't wait now to see them cuddling up together :love::love:

Aw he's absolutely lovely! I love his helicopter ears and both Bella and him are the same colour - Agouti. She has to like him. Hope he settles down in his new home. I can't wait now to see them cuddling up together :love::love:

Morning, I know he’s adorable. Was so lucky as he’s the only neutered & vaccinated boy they have there [emoji7]. Bellas gorgeous & a lovely pair they will make. We are picking him up today I can’t wait. Will post pics once we get him home xx

Morning, I know he’s adorable. Was so lucky as he’s the only neutered & vaccinated boy they have there [emoji7]. Bellas gorgeous & a lovely pair they will make. We are picking him up today I can’t wait. Will post pics once we get him home xx

Bellas ears are floppy to they were just back in pic xx

Hi everyone, that’s Morgan arrived home. Poor thing is absolutely petrified of humans & contact. He’s been shaking so I don’t know if he’s had any human handling or interaction [emoji17]. Bella & shadow hadn’t prior to coming here but never shook with fear like him. Not to worry though as will take time. He will be completely overwhelmed right now. I have sat near him & talked to him but I’m leaving him to settle first. I don’t want to frighten him anymore. He’s a big boy, much bigger than picks & he’s only 7 months. My partner thinks he’s a Flemish giant lol [emoji23]. If he is he is but I don’t think so. Will post videos & pics in a few days once he’s more settled. Could I ask if people think I should handle him or leave him a few days? If handling could comfort him I will but don’t want to if it’s not a good idea yet. He’s a beautiful boy xx

It is best not to force yourself on a Rabbit but let them come to you. Maybe have a treat ready to offer him and give him lots of time to feel safe in his new home. It can take some time. He didn't look very big in those photos but you can't always tell from photos. He has now got a lovely home. I hope you can get him to use a litter tray when he is settled.

It is best not to force yourself on a Rabbit but let them come to you. Maybe have a treat ready to offer him and give him lots of time to feel safe in his new home. It can take some time. He didn't look very big in those photos but you can't always tell from photos. He has now got a lovely home. I hope you can get him to use a litter tray when he is settled.

Morning, I know he didn’t look big at all I thought smaller than Bella but he is a big boy already. I just sat close by talking to him. He comes forward a wee bit then goes back to his wee place lol. He’s gearing up to explore & wants to but just not sure yet bless him. So much for him to take in right now & such a big space he’s not been used to it. They said he only had a small pen before & all the rabbits were around. Thank you for that, I will let him just come to me. I have him a treat & he gobbled it up. He’s been so good using his litter tray. They forgot to give me his but I had bought one already. I use an under bed storage box it’s low & big & he has a big box with straw to sleep in if he wants xx

Morning! Those underbed storage boxes are great for Bunnies. It's very exciting when you have a new Rabbit

Morning! Those underbed storage boxes are great for Bunnies. It's very exciting when you have a new Rabbit

Yes definitely & had heard on here about them or wouldn’t have thought. They really do need a big litter box. It really is so exciting I’m loving having him. He’s so sweet. Will you posted as be a while till I bond them both. He needs time & bellas booked in for dental on the 27th for a molar spur. Better she gets that treated first so she’s in best health & not sore. Plus as Morgan has been indoors never out he won’t have a winter coat. I’m going to have to do the bonding then keep them both in together till spring when they can go in the new shed. Iv got a room neither had been in for bonding so will use that when the time comes & if all goes well both bunnies can live there with free roam in house until spring time xx

I hope the dental goes well for Bella and give her time to get over it before starting to bond. He is a lovely Rabbit.

I hope the dental goes well for Bella and give her time to get over it before starting to bond. He is a lovely Rabbit.

Thank you, she will be so relieved to get it done as who knows how long she had it before coming to us & i took her to vets & asked them to check her teeth when getting her parasite treatment. Poor girl was riddled with that also when she came [emoji22]. Morgan’s loving his haybox hay. Bella does also & the pigs it’s great value for money. Just heading for an early night. Night xx

Back