• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's big day (being discharged this evening 30/9)

Silly Freddie! He does like to cause trouble doesn't he! The good thing is he's been neutered, he had no problems with the anaesthetic and he's lively enough to be bothered to investigate his stitches! He'll be home with you when he's stopped being quite so naughty with his stitches so that he can be naughty in other ways :p

Thanks Funnybunny,you are right ;) I'm trying to be optimistic as my recent bunny related meltdowns haven't exactly served me well. Lol :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not really sure why his eyes got like that. He just woke from the ga like that :/

The vet says that as a last resort he may have to put a collar on freddie going home this evening if he doesn't leave the stitches alone.

He said that bunnies HATE them but he may have no choice xx

Don't worry yourself too much over his eyes. Hopefully it will go down quickly. Finn had one eye that was inflamed and looked like it was closing but it was just dryness from the GA, it sorted itself within a couple of days.

Hope Freddie is doing OK!

Thanks SJH and Rabcat. I hope that when the vet rings later that he has some good news !!! I will keep ye informed xx

You most certainly can join !!! Gosh so sorry to hear this. I never knew. Was it slippers first dental? xx

Yes, I'd have never thought Slipper would become a dental bunny - he never stops eating!! Saturday he was sat in a corner, completely uninterested in food or biting me when I waved it front if his nose! :shock: so off he went immediately, had his dental Sunday evening & normal service has resumed. Apart from the biting. So far. He was so sweet at the vets, he hid his face in my coat when they were trying to examine him & then jumped up into my arms when they'd done :love: I'm sure it won't last - he has to have metaclopromide twice daily & metacam once daily so he'll soon hate me again :roll: xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we just got an update on our little terror. Our vet put the glue back on and straight away Freddie put his head down to go at it again.

So the collar had to go on. Our vet is so lovely. He brought in fresh herbs from his garden this morning which freddie devoured.

He said that freddie is a very persistent bunny and the first bun who has ever bitten open those type of stitches. He has also never had to put a collar on a bun before. He said Freddie is eating and drinking fine with it on. So fingers crossed. We are collecting him this evening xx

Yes, I'd have never thought Slipper would become a dental bunny - he never stops eating!! Saturday he was sat in a corner, completely uninterested in food or biting me when I waved it front if his nose! :shock: so off he went immediately, had his dental Sunday evening & normal service has resumed. Apart from the biting. So far. He was so sweet at the vets, he hid his face in my coat when they were trying to examine him & then jumped up into my arms when they'd done :love: I'm sure it won't last - he has to have metaclopromide twice daily & metacam once daily so he'll soon hate me again :roll: xx

Aww I had a bunny jump up into my arms at the vet once and it melted my heart. I think its such a sign of trust. I really hope it was just a once off and he won't require more dentals.fingers crossed xx

So we just got an update on our little terror. Our vet put the glue back on and straight away Freddie put his head down to go at it again.

So the collar had to go on. Our vet is so lovely. He brought in fresh herbs from his garden this morning which freddie devoured.

He said that freddie is a very persistent bunny and the first bun who has ever bitten open those type of stitches. He has also never had to put a collar on a bun before. He said Freddie is eating and drinking fine with it on. So fingers crossed. We are collecting him this evening xx

Aww I had a bunny jump up into my arms at the vet once and it melted my heart. I think its such a sign of trust. I really hope it was just a once off and he won't require more dentals.fingers crossed xx

I hope so too. I mean it's slipper! He never stops eating!!!! So god knows how he managed to get spurs!

I've never had a bunny jump to me at the vets and I'd have never thought it'd be Slipper. I was sure he hated me! Or just held us all in contempt :roll::lol: but yay Slipper loves me :love:

Oooo can we have pictures of him with the cone of shame? I bet Wosie will laugh her little socks off when she sees him!

Oh poor wee Fweddie! What mischief has he managed this time lol! He's certainly keeping you on your toes, luckily for him he such a wee lovedy :)

Back