• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's big day (being discharged this evening 30/9)

Thank you everyone for your good vibes.

I'm not very happy unfortunately ...after going all the way to our vet this evening freddie pulled out his stitches just as my husband was about to leave. Our vet was having one last look.

So then he patched him up again and same thing happened again just before leaving. So he kept him in overnight !!!

I have had lots of bunnies neutered with eamonn (vet) so it's not his fault. Freddie really is quite the handful. With what happened with his leg two weeks ago we really could have done with today going smoothly :( our vet isn't even close so going there takes lots of planning.

I am completely jinxed where rabbits are concerned !!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

What a little monster! At least the op went well! Perhaps try getting some baby vests like another member on here did?

Thank you everyone for your good vibes.

I'm not very happy unfortunately ...after going all the way to our vet this evening freddie pulled out his stitches just as my husband was about to leave. Our vet was having one last look.

So then he patched him up again and same thing happened again just before leaving. So he kept him in overnight !!!

I have had lots of bunnies neutered with eamonn (vet) so it's not his fault. Freddie really is quite the handful. With what happened with his leg two weeks ago we really could have done with today going smoothly :( our vet isn't even close so going there takes lots of planning.

I am completely jinxed where rabbits are concerned !!!

Ohhhh...Freddie!!! I can think of plenty of words for you, little man!

So sorry, Luna. I know you're struggling at the moment and this is not what you need :( Try and stay positive - he'll be worth it in the end! ;)

xx

What a little monster! At least the op went well! Perhaps try getting some baby vests like another member on here did?

How do they manage with pooping and weeing with a vest on ? Lol ...he would look cute though :)

Edit: hubby is just home and it turns out Freddie also has inflamed eyes since the surgery so has to get an ointment four times daily for 5 days.

Last edited:
Ohhhh...Freddie!!! I can think of plenty of words for you, little man!

So sorry, Luna. I know you're struggling at the moment and this is not what you need :( Try and stay positive - he'll be worth it in the end! ;)

xx

I know ...when hubby rang me I just didn't have words. I'm too tired to even worry about it now. I just hope he is ok in that place tonight. I hope there are no dogs stressing him out.

He has Miss Mouse (soft toy) for company anyway :)

How do they manage with pooping and weeing with a vest on ? Lol ...he would look cute though :)

Edit: hubby is just home and it turns out Freddie also has inflamed eyes since the surgery so has to get an ointment four times daily for 5 days.

I'll try and find the thread :D

Sending vibes for lovely Freddie.

Sometimes neutering seems to cause these little things to flare up (Ludo had to go back for an extra follow up as he kept sneezing after his) but all was well in the end. I'm sure it'll be the same with Freddie :wave:

Silly Freddie! He does like to cause trouble doesn't he! The good thing is he's been neutered, he had no problems with the anaesthetic and he's lively enough to be bothered to investigate his stitches! He'll be home with you when he's stopped being quite so naughty with his stitches so that he can be naughty in other ways :p

It's this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ng-Amy-Spayed-Update-The-Stitches-Saga/page11

Only just spotted your edit - at least his eyes flared up whilst he was still there rather than on the way home. It's probably just down to the GA, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Little troublemaker, he and Rosie will make a brilliant couple ;)

Oh dear I sympathise greatly. Slipper has had to have a dental this weekend & Blueberry has conjunctivitis. Can I join your jinxed bunny club? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh what bad luck for a neuter :cry: Sorry about Freddie ..
What had caused the problems with his eyes?

Did they give him a buster collar? I don't expect he would have been pleased if they had ...

It's this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ng-Amy-Spayed-Update-The-Stitches-Saga/page11

Only just spotted your edit - at least his eyes flared up whilst he was still there rather than on the way home. It's probably just down to the GA, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Little troublemaker, he and Rosie will make a brilliant couple ;)

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure about the vest idea though. I would be worried about urine scald? I haven't ruled it out though and obviously it has been successful for other people. i gave all of Dylans baby clothes to a charity shop last month and there were lots of tiny baby vests.typical !!!

I will wait and see what my vet says when he rings in the afternoon xx

Oh dear I sympathise greatly. Slipper has had to have a dental this weekend & Blueberry has conjunctivitis. Can I join your jinxed bunny club? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You most certainly can join !!! Gosh so sorry to hear this. I never knew. Was it slippers first dental? xx

Oh crikey! I hope Freddie is doing okay today xxx

Sending you lots of calming vibes and a hug :wave:

Oh gosh what bad luck for a neuter :cry: Sorry about Freddie ..
What had caused the problems with his eyes?

Did they give him a buster collar? I don't expect he would have been pleased if they had ...

I'm not really sure why his eyes got like that. He just woke from the ga like that :/

The vet says that as a last resort he may have to put a collar on freddie going home this evening if he doesn't leave the stitches alone.

He said that bunnies HATE them but he may have no choice xx

Sending vibes for lovely Freddie.

Sometimes neutering seems to cause these little things to flare up (Ludo had to go back for an extra follow up as he kept sneezing after his) but all was well in the end. I'm sure it'll be the same with Freddie :wave:

That's really reassuring. Thanks Hesperus :)

Back