• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flynn- 22nd July 2015

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
In 2005 I rescued Flynn from a 'situation' which would have meant he was to be live feed at a Hawk Sanctuary. I had better not go into details, I dont want to end up on the wrong side of the Old Bill again.

Flynn was always a very nervous Bunny, but he was never ever any trouble to care for and he was never ill. Until last year the only time he saw a Vet was for a vaccination (I did not do the old Myxo Vaccinations myself as I was not confident in doing the intradermal part that used to be needed).

Initially I bonded Flynn with an Orange Rex Doe called Orlaith. But their time together was very short as Orlaith passed away suddenly and unexpectedly

Flynn was very distressed by the bereavement and it was meeting Miss Bunny Penny, an Ermine Rex, that helped him recover. Miss Bunny Penny and Flynn were a very close couple for many years. Sadly we lost Miss BP last year, she was about 13. Flynn did grieve a lot, but he also made it clear that he did not want to live in an enclosure with another Rabbit.

This year Flynn had 2 suspected strokes and he also developed bladder problems. This afternoon he had another stroke/seizure which left him in an extremely bad way. There was no other option but to let him go.

Flynn, you were a Rabbit who caused absolutely no trouble at all. You really were a perfect gentlebuck and I loved you very much. I always will xx

RIP Flynn. Hope Miss Bunny Penny and Orlaith are waiting for you at the bridge with some tasty noms.
He was one beautiful bunny. Such gorgeous colouring and such a charismatic face

:love:.. What a handsome boy... Binky free with your beautiful wifey buns...

So sorry Jane, this is so devastating

Fee x

Thank you for telling his story, Jane, I did not know this about him. I do remember Miss Bunny Penny though, she was a sweetie. :love: I did not know he had another mate as well. I can imagine the reunion.
I am so very sorry for you that Flynn has gone. :( Too much loss all at once. He sounds to have been such a lovely, gentle soul.
Binky free, Flynn. You will be deeply missed, dear one. xxxxx

A very stunning boy. I remember his love Miss Bunny Penny. I cannot imagine half of the feelings you are going through. Hugs love and comfort to you Jane.

Thank you for sharing your story of Flynn. I'm glad you saved him from the situation (and I'd love to know the full story!) What a gentleman of a bunny. :love:

Back