• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elderly bun living with piggie U/D pics of piggies

2 piggies are lovely and very healthy :D .. The bun is very thin :( Hilda is going to get her into the vets this evening if possible. She a small white bun with dark eyes she so pretty..

Is this the netherland dwarf doe with 2 piggies in Mould - or somewhere?
If so it's the one I found on preloved and flagged up.
Glad they have found a home :D

Is this the netherland dwarf doe with 2 piggies in Mould - or somewhere?
If so it's the one I found on preloved and flagged up.
Glad they have found a home :D

Yes thats the one..
Thank for posting about the bun and piggies, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of known about them :D the poor bun doesn't look that good :cry:

We collected the bun and piggies from the lady in Mold. To be fair, she seemed to have quite a nice set up..a couple of neithies(spayed/neutered) and a mum and baby as well as THE MOST BEAUTIFUL Friendly giant which has an enormous walk-in dog run with luxury pad as the back.... She's called Doris, and is free range in the garden and house during the day, but spends most of her time visiting the other buns in their hutches or runs.
She took in the piggies as they came with the little nethie, and as she knows they shouldn't be kept together she did try to seperate them but she felt the bun pined, so she tried bonding her with a friend's neutered buck, but she didn't want to know. She had her myxi vaccinated at the beginning of Sept along with two other newbies. I'm taking the bun to see Kevin in half an hour for her VHD and a general check so will report back later. She seems thin, and her coat seems harsh, so we'll see what he thinks.

Yes thats the one..
Thank for posting about the bun and piggies, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of known about them :D the poor bun doesn't look that good :cry:

Glad I could have helped. Even if I didn't actually do anything. :oops:

Hope all goes well for the bun at the vet. Wonder why she is so thin as it seems she was well cared for from what I can gather?

Hi. Well, she's been to see Kevin and although he loves to see nice lean bunnies, he says she's a bit on the thin side at 1.1kilos, otherwise everything's fine. Eyes, mouth, teeth and jaws seem Ok. He didn't look down into her back teeth as she was getting a bit stressed. He doubts that the "elderly" part of the description is accurate and estimates that she is only about 2yrs(tops) and feels that in a couple of weeks she'll look more her age. He thinks she may have had to compete with the guineas for food(though she had constant access to hay), and in fact one of the guineas was almost as big as she was..a real fatty.We'll see how she gets on without the piggies. Her name is Narley(??) but Rog wants to rename her NIA(= neea). What do you think?

Last edited:
I have hutch space now if it's needed, Pm me if you need me
Thanks for your kind offer Tracy, and Sooz too!! but I'm going to hang on to her for a wee while..I do like a challenge! I've never had a nethie before and am curious to see what she's like when she's settled and more "herself.":lol: I'll post some piccies tomorrow

Awww - you are going to be in love with her in no time :D I hadn't had a nethie till I got Tia and now I am crazy about nethies - they are just adorable :p Hope she's soon back to full health.

Thanks for your kind offer Tracy, and Sooz too!! but I'm going to hang on to her for a wee while..I do like a challenge! I've never had a nethie before and am curious to see what she's like when she's settled and more "herself.":lol: I'll post some piccies tomorrow

Quite simply nethies are BONKERS and tend to be naturally fussy eaters too :roll:

I have my hands full in the wee nethie shape of Izzy ATM. :lol:

OK Karen..where are the piggie pics mentioned in the update title?:? :lol: :lol: I'm starting a new thread for Nia this morning.

:oops: :oops: I went straight to the last page:lol: Off for a look now. I'm about to download some of Nia into photobucket so pics of her up in thread shortly

I should of put it on the last page I don't know why i put it on the first...
Can't wait to see pics of Nia. .

Back