• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating but no poo's

it could be his teeth, keep him inside to observe him. If he is stress, get his companion w/ him as well indoor.

if he's eating, but not eating much, it can easily be a molar causing the above symptoms.

it could be his teeth, keep him inside to observe him. If he is stress, get his companion w/ him as well indoor.

if he's eating, but not eating much, it can easily be a molar causing the above symptoms.

I agree :D
Even though he has had his teeth checked they cant see to the back properly so there could be a spur forming!
Before Xmas i got the vet to check Fudges teeth and they said they looked ok but still wanted a better look so she was put under GA and they found a largish spur on the back tooth that if it was left would have cut her tounge :shock: I was so glad i was offered a dental!

But then i might not be dental, it could be something else, its hard to tell without seeing the bun and not being a vet :lol:

I realy do hope he gets better and poops lots :D

Do your vets not give you time to pay off the bills?
I cant afford dentals all the time either but they give me 2 months to pay a dental and a few months if its alot more money!

Like the vet i went to with Blackie its costing £265 for the op and £107 for his ashes to be returned in an urn. I have paid the £107 and £65 from the bill and they said i can pay the last £200 when i have the money but no longer than 6 months :D

Is your vet rabbit savvy? Even another check-up would be good and then they can find out if anything is really wrong! Does he feel bloated/gassy?

It could just be stress and he may recover so it might not be anything to worry about :D

Nope you have to pay up front. They don't let you pay in stages.. Guess I'll have to get a loan. Before I start getting slagged off.

hey jazzy what vets you under. I go to hillcrest in plympton and i paid gizmo's treatment off gradually as i didn't have all the money. They do seem quite understanding in there... Hope you can get him sorted soon. hopefully won't be anything serious. I sometimes get mine something like Pro C after they have been into the vet to put in there water it just gives them a boost. You can get it in that new pets at home store in town. also another thing you could try is a couple drops of valarian to keep him chilled and relaxed if he seems at all stressed [yoshi has that daily and is doing good on it] I know bunnys do get teeth problems but they can sometimes just be a bit down and need a boost.... pro c helped get gizmo better when he was bad good luck either way :love:

no one will **** you off! I cant afford it all the time i was just lucky to have a vet that i can pay in stages.
It may not be a dental he is needing so dont get too worried about the cost!
Can you not find a vet that can do dentals cheaper but still a good vet?

I now use 2 vets!
My usual for vaccs, dentals and the basics since they are slightly cheaper but for more complicated problems i will be going to the rabbit savvy vet that is much dearer (but he is amazing)

What about getting your buns insured?
After Blackies problem i know i could not keep affording bills like that so im insuring my buns just incase!

I wouldnt be too worried if he is still eating and passing something!

I can't get insurance now as they have known problems so it's too late, I'll monitor him over the week end and if there's mo change by Monday I'll take him.

I can't get insurance now as they have known problems so it's too late, I'll monitor him over the week end and if there's mo change by Monday I'll take him.

If you feel its the best thing to do then you do it :D
Sending pooping and eating vibes and hope Gizmo will be fine :D:D

Even if theres a sign up its still worth asking if you can pay in stages:)
I pay for my vets holidays im there so often:lol:

i know there is a sign up but when i took gizmo in when he was bad i only had £20.00 on me they said to drop the rest down when i had it so thats what i did [when he went back for a check up] after all it isn't like they can keep your pet or anything [i hope] They didn't even chase me for it and his check up wasn't for another two weeks and when i went back i had to pay another £85.00 :oops: which i had forgotten about.:oops::oops:

As for how he is doing it sounds like he is doing a bit better. So maybe it was just the stress... but i am no vet, i think in your situation i would do as you are doing anyway. Monitor him and see how he goes over the weekend. Like i say some Pro c in his water may help just give him a boost. [which is in pets for home] but if you can't get in there you can always PM me and i could drop some down to you. Not a problem... or if there is anything else i could do to help just let me know. Hope he contiues to improve. I am off out for a bit now [going to check out bunny boarding at Ashburton] but i will be back later and will check in here with you. Good Luck :love:

Back