• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dumped in cardboard box outside Kirkby rescue. Injury pics P33. A HAPPY ENDING!!

Oh my goodness :cry: appalling, absolutely appalling, the poor little love must have been in so much pain. I so hope it can be fixed and she get's through this.

Oh my :shock::censored:. That poor, poor little bunny :cry:. To think what pain she must have suffered - it makes me cry just thinking about it. Some humans are just pure evil.

Oh my goodness the poor little bunny. That leg must be so painful. I can't believe people could be so cruel and to leave them in a box all night in the snow. I do hope things are looking up for the bunnies now. Give them an extra cuddle from me :love:

That leg looks so painful :( Poor little one. I don't know how anyone could just leave an animal like that. She looks just like my Ruby :love::love:
I hope the operation goes well and they can both find a wonderful new home soon!

how awful :cry: Oscar the cat came to me with a broken leg which he never appeared to be in pain with, he also dislocated his hip without my knowing :)shock:) it wasn't until his preop that we discovered it had dislocated. He only appeared to be in pain once after coming home from his leg amputation so they seem to cope much better with this type of injury than we normally expected. Hopefully she'll make a full recovery :love:

How old do you suspect they are? They're gorgeous! If it comes to the little injured girl being rehomed with Wilf's owner (sorry I don't remember username :oops: ) then if shes around a year I'd be interested in having the other one with my neutered male. Obviously its only if you can't rehome them together as I understand once bonded it isn't fair to seperate them but I thought I would mention it as me and the OH are hopefully moving soon and he's at Scunthorpe.

I don't understand people :( they're so cute.

that poor little girl!!!! :( but they are gorgeous, and i bet they have a personality to match. lots of vibes for these little girls and for a speedy recovery xxx

How wonderful. They each have a back up home with caring, rabbit knowledgeable (however you spell that) people. Result. They are so so sweet. In that box. Thank God there were two of them...

What beautiful bunnies. Keeping up vibes that treatment for the injured leg works out well for the agouti bun. xxx

How old do you suspect they are? They're gorgeous! If it comes to the little injured girl being rehomed with Wilf's owner (sorry I don't remember username :oops: ) then if shes around a year I'd be interested in having the other one with my neutered male. Obviously its only if you can't rehome them together as I understand once bonded it isn't fair to seperate them but I thought I would mention it as me and the OH are hopefully moving soon and he's at Scunthorpe.

I don't understand people :( they're so cute.

They both look quite young to me.

Helen (Wilf's owner) and I have been in contact with each other and we are going to wait until the little girl is through the op on Monday. If all goes well, then I will ask Celia whether she will consider splitting them in order to get them both a good home, so if you are interested in the little white and brown girl then we might have a plan. :D It's a difficult one as if left together they could both spend months/years in rescue waiting for the perfect home, whereas separately they may both find happiness quickly. Obviously if someone came forward offering them a home together, then this would be perfect.

I think they are going to be a cheeky pair of girls once they get over their nerves. I am already beginning to see their personalities coming through and they are starting to be a lot more inquisitive. They realise that I am the bringer of nice food, which is helping to win their confidence. Unfortunately the little agouti girl also knows that I am the bringer of Baytril...that vile tasting nasty medicine! She's a good girl though and is taking her meds well.

So glad to hear that things are picking up.... Vibes though for their continued improveing health...

Noserubs from us all.

Fee xxx

:evil::shock::cry: absolutely astounded:cry:
Did the vets say if the leg had a clean break? Dog bite / trap etc? Just wondered if there was any hint as to what actually happened to her..so tragic.

They are so beautiful...and its wonderful they have each got a back up home..though with what they have been through...I hope they can somehow stay together if they are close...what gorgeous little buns:love:

also- out of interest...is there a need to amputate right to the hip?

I dont know about amputation at all...but surely if it could wear a type of support sock with padding..it would be more stable and the rabbits spine would be able to stay aligned etc? Easier for weeing, etc?
Quite interested to understand why they would amputate more.

Last edited:
Back