• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dumped in cardboard box outside Kirkby rescue. Injury pics P33. A HAPPY ENDING!!

:censored:.. Jeez... was the box all bashed like that too... theres even less space...

How utterly wicked and evil to do that..,,

It does make you wonder how they were treated :shock: my vet did an amputation when a rabbit had jumped from an owners arms and landed badly xx hope all goes well with the bunny x

I'd not actually seen the cardboard box. Celia said it was flimsy, but it's even worse than I'd imagined. :shock: I think the bunnies must have been so scared that they just stayed very still and huddled together, otherwise they could have been out of that box no problem. :(

It makes me so angry that they didn't even bother to knock, tap on the window or stick a note through the door. If they were ashamed of what they were doing, then they could have alerted Celia without actually having to face her. But no, they chose to just dump them to spend the night in the cold and wet and in danger of goodness knows what. :evil: Thank goodness that the fox wasn't on the prowl that night.

I hope the previous owners are:censored: proud of themselves for doing that to 2 poor defenseless little buns. Hope they rot in hell and in pain. Poor little mites give them some love from us and sending massive vibes for Monday, praying all goes well and they both recover from their terrible ordeal.xxx

Just unbelievable. Poor bunnies :cry:

My bridge bun Billy had a back leg amputated and he coped fine. He could still outrun me!

Sending lots of vibes for them both xx

Here are a couple of photos of the two girls. It's the agouti bunny who has the injured leg. Both are settling down now and looking a lot less agitated and nervous.

I'll put the pics of the injured leg on a separate post.

Cardboard%2520box%2520bunnies%252001.jpg

Cardboard%2520box%2520bunnies%252002.jpg

Ouch! Poor thing! I hope they get all the help needed now. Can't belive she is still looking so bright!

Oh my life. That's appalling and has brought me to tears.

Tracy are they going to stay together? Obviously if they are happy then that's fine but if they are entire ladies living together I wondered if they may need splitting until spayed in case they are hormonal - and I know that's not necessarily possible at Kirkby.

I wondered if Wilf my tripod bunny would like a tripod wife when her op is done. She's so pretty. Her leg is the opposite hind to Wilf's so they could play two legged races in our bathroom.

I cannot believe that she has managed to carry on with that much pain. I do hope that it's not just her adrenalin keeping her going and that she nose dives when she comes down off her stress. I shall be watching her story with interest.

Helen

Last edited:
Oh my life. That's appalling and has brought me to tears.

Tracy are they going to stay together?

I wondered if Wilf my tripod bunny would like a tripod wife when her op is done. She's so pretty. Her leg is the opposite hind to Wilf's so they could play two legged races in our bathroom.

I cannot believe that she has managed to carry on with that much pain. I do hope that it's not just her adrenalin keeping her going and that she nose dives when she comes down off her stress. I shall be watching her story with interest.

Helen

Hi Helen

They do seem close so I imagine that Celia would keep them together, although the little 3 legged girl's disability will obviously limit her rehoming chances as she will have to wait for the right type of home/person.

I do hope she's not just running on adrenalin. She's looking and behaving just like a normal healthy bunny, she's been hopping around her cage, throwing her toys about and grooming herself. She's eating well too. She's on pain relief at the moment, but I'm not sure how much discomfort she is in as the leg really doesn't seem to bother her. It must have been utter agony when it happened and I'm trying not to torture myself by thinking too hard.

Hi Helen

They do seem close so I imagine that Celia would keep them together, although the little 3 legged girl's disability will obviously limit her rehoming chances as she will have to wait for the right type of home/person.

I do hope she's not just running on adrenalin. She's looking and behaving just like a normal healthy bunny, she's been hopping around her cage, throwing her toys about and grooming herself. She's eating well too. She's on pain relief at the moment, but I'm not sure how much discomfort she is in as the leg really doesn't seem to bother her. It must have been utter agony when it happened and I'm trying not to torture myself by thinking too hard.

This! Absolutely - I did this with Wilf.

It would be the right thing to keep them together of course and provided the new carer understands their needs, regarding future potential issues with back pain etc) then there is no reason why someone won't fall in love with them. And I am sure she'll get around just fine.

I can be a back stop maybe if for any reason you need one for her. If I can help, let me know.

Back