• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Donkey boy needs you!**Update 13th Dec**

Oh dear

Poor little donkey boy, hope he realises that by being as stubborn as a "mule" by not eating properly he's only making an "ass" of himself. So tell him to stop "horsing" around and eat something.

ooooooo they were painful :lol: I'll let him know.

Poor little bun. Are you still syringing him? I had to syringe Willow for a couple of days after his dental last friday. Just keep trying to tempt him with nice food. For willow dried cranberries - his fav - helped back to eating on his own.

poor lad - hope he perks up soon! and Flower says that she loves garlic bread, she's always trying to steal it off me! :roll: :lol:

Thanks everyone!

Just got back from a lecture and o\h has left a note saying he didn't try to feed him cos he was asleep but then he woke up and ate the brown mush all on his own! :D He's also eaten the mushed up apple. Not a huge amount of food but better than nothing. He's decided he's had enough of syringe feeding couldn't get any in him last time and then he bt me :( Can't blame him though really.

I'm going to camp out at the vets in the morning to demand some pain relief. I really thought he'd given up when he wouldn't take the syringe early but he WAS just being a stubborn ass.

Sorry you've had all this trouble Isabel..well done for taking care of him and give him a cuddle from me

Just so others know...Barnaby's teeth were checked at vets 2 weeks before Isabel adopted him..his eye started to run the day before she had him..I have offered to cover the vets bills but Isabel has very kindly said no..I do feel so bad that she is coping with this as it was so un-expected and we all just hope he picks up soon.

Hello, this is James, Isabel's O/H.

Just wanted to say that Jill has been fantastic with her kind offer. Its not her fault at all that he's been poorly and we're happy to try and give him the best care we can. I am so glad we have Barnaby/Donkey boy/Moe (the latest name for him) He's a little trooper.

The rabbits have always been Isabels thing but this little chap has made me very happy and i'm really glad he has started to improve. I had a nice long cuddle wth him yesterday- he's ace!:p

Keep up the good work bunny mummies!

Went to the vets today and he's had his final antibiotic jab. His teeth were checked ad his gums are now looking good. His eyes have cleared up now too! Soooo *drum roll* looks like a bit of a bonding session this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for everyones support :D

Last edited:
Brilliant news..give him a cuddle from me...and tell all 3 of them to behave when they are introduced...tell them Auntie Jill says that's an order!:lol:

Brilliant news..give him a cuddle from me...and tell all 3 of them to behave when they are introduced...tell them Auntie Jill says that's an order!:lol:

I will definitely tell them you said that, hopefully it'll work. Either that or I could threaten them with the vets again. :lol:

Regarding his weight-I suspect part of the loss is from the fact that he has moulted a pillow case full of outside coat since he's been here.
He seems to have gone off porridge though :? maybe its cos we've got the cheap stuff this time.

good luck with the bonding. Try some Jordans organic porridge, i have that for breakfast and Mistletoe seems to like it. Only the best for fussy buns eh?! :lol:

It seems so! Morrisons bumper bag own brand just doesn't cut it!

p.s How was your pretty lady? anything need doing?
I've got to go to the dentist myself tommorrow, suddenly I feel their pain.

It seems so! Morrisons bumper bag own brand just doesn't cut it!

p.s How was your pretty lady? anything need doing?
I've got to go to the dentist myself tommorrow, suddenly I feel their pain.

Vet said she doesn't have many teeth but the ones she had needed filing. She is only eating mushy pellets and grated carrot and apple at the moment but she did have a chew on a bit of toast :D

Hope the dentist isn't too bad, have you been eating your hay? :no: :lol:

Back