• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domino has an abscess U/D post 54 - its still there

Oh nooo, this is really sad and i do hope its not the case.
Thinking of you tomorrow.
Lots of vibes for the gorgeous boy xxxx

He has an appointment today at 5:15.

I so hope that its something small but they do look so so sore.

From your pics, it doesn't look like an abscess to me (unless it's covered by fur?). The joint of the hock doesn't look particularly bad IMO. The flat part possibly looks a bit infected, but no broken skin is deffo a good sign.

Sending lots of vibes for your vet visit later x

I think what scares me is that when Peanut Butter had his abscess I was so shocked it was an abscess because it didnt look that bad, so in my head im thinking this could be the same.

this looks worse than peanuts did in the first stage, but i know that doesnt mean its the same. you just worry dont you?

thank you everyone for the vibes. its been a long time since I have had a poorly bunny.

The lump on the heel of Domino's foot looks soft in the photo, very blister-like? Pickle's feet get red like how the rest of Domino's foot is, on a couple of occasions they have bled too. It is so worrying :( I would bet its genetic too and not caused by environment, so it really isnt your fault. Best of luck at the vets, I hope it isnt serious and can be cleared up quickly. Let us know how you get on xx

It is the same :(

We dont know how much, Peanuts was in a bad place as the pocket kept filling up, so we dont know until/if he needs it flushed if its the same place.

Septrin for 14 days 1.5ml twice a day. Here we go again.

Were going to beat it though, its very tiny and he is starting on Septrin straight away so we can hopefully nip it in the bud rather than tackle a big abcess that wont budge.

He isnt in any pain as far as i can tell, he is acting very much the same and doesnt react when you touch it which is very good. He has moved into the outhouse with the girls and its all soft and comfy for him.

Just seen this and wantd to say my Billy had an abscess in the same place and it healed with depocillin injections (after baytril had no effect) my advice would be if the septrin doesn't make it improve immediately straight back and ask for depocillin, Billy agrees!:wave:

Just seen this :( :( Poor Domino...but he is a very strong boy, don't start thinking it'll be the same as with PB xxx

Definately, he is a completely different rabbit, and I have seen bunnies come back from far more than an abscess, so its not a death sentence by any means, Peanut always seemed to have a slightly compromised immune system - we never found out why. Domino has been nothing but healthy his whole life.

My little pudding isnt going anywhere. He just ate his septrin of a banana (seemed the most fitting disguise) and gobbled it all up. :love::love:

Definately, he is a completely different rabbit, and I have seen bunnies come back from far more than an abscess, so its not a death sentence by any means, Peanut always seemed to have a slightly compromised immune system - we never found out why. Domino has been nothing but healthy his whole life.

My little pudding isnt going anywhere. He just ate his septrin of a banana (seemed the most fitting disguise) and gobbled it all up. :love::love:

He probably thinks 's his birthday getting extra banana :lol::lol:

His tail was waggling like anything and he got it all round his face, and was making the funniest munching noises, all squelchy!

"Im getting EXTRA food? on my OWN? WOW"
:roll::love:

Back