• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bunny binky?

Mine do! Sometimes they're so crazy looking they scare me a little, and when my sister let Trixie out to play she came running to tell me she was having a seizure...went out and she was just having one of her binky-sessions :lol::lol:

I'm curious, do the binkier bunnies have different areas of access/exercise times? Being let out seems a particular trigger so I wonder if those that come out for exercise time binky more (whoopppeee I'm out) as opposed to those that are free range all the time (meh, I can binky whenever I'm napping right now) ?

I've seen all my bunnies binky but only ever outdoors when they have a large amount of space. What they seem to do is a convulsive like binky followed by a series of high speed zooms before ending with another binky. Its amazing to see.

Pru does, Buckley's too lazy :lol:

I think Tamsin is right. Prudence binkies as if to say "HOLY COW LOOK AT ALL THIS SPACE!!!" whereas Buckley has had all the space since the day we got him so the novelty has worn off a bit.

I think that's probably true, Tamsin, I think the novelty of a different area, if the bunny considers it safe rather than scary, is exciting and can bring on the binkies. Terrified bun Mavis does the most amazing binkies in a tiny 6x4 run which is attached when I'm home by a runaround to their normal 6x3 hutch and 6x10 run, just because she's excited to go somewhere different and to be on the grass. Dudley just sits there, rolling his eyes I'm sure, while she binkies away like mad around him :lol: He used to be a big binkier but he doesn't really do it now he's old and wobbly.

I'm curious, do the binkier bunnies have different areas of access/exercise times? Being let out seems a particular trigger so I wonder if those that come out for exercise time binky more (whoopppeee I'm out) as opposed to those that are free range all the time (meh, I can binky whenever I'm napping right now) ?

No, but Ori does it mostly first thing in the mornings as if he's just so happy for the start of another day. He also does it more when it's nice weather, it's almost a "Whoopee it's a blue sky day"

Pippa and Dipsy free range indoors all day, and as soon as she comes out the enclosure in the morning that is when Pippa goes into manic mode. But they are out from 8ish till about midnight, so it isn't that they only have a few hours. Sometimes though, if Pippa is being exceptionally nawty, I do put them away for a couple of hours just to give myself a break from her.

Pru does, Buckley's too lazy :lol:

I think Tamsin is right. Prudence binkies as if to say "HOLY COW LOOK AT ALL THIS SPACE!!!" whereas Buckley has had all the space since the day we got him so the novelty has worn off a bit.

Yup, makes sense as N&S used to binky when let out on the landing which didn't happen as often as I liked as Nutmeg would mark badly.

Never in their shed. Arran and Jura do in the garden, and Jura does in the the run. Harris used to binky everywhere :love: Never seen Ailsa, Lewis or Islay do one.

HAHA. Why don't we hear more tales of Pippa! Sometimes PM just gets on my wick with his mischief. I plonk him in middle of the room, sit down in front of him and point at him ' DONT DO THAT. NAUGHTY'.

Then I look at myself and think, 'what the f**k are you doing Lucy. He's not a child, he's a rabbit'

Phew, you have just made me feel sane again :D I'm always picking Pippa up and holding her out in front of me to give her a talking too. This morning I had a really sore throat and out of interest was counting, and I had yelled at Pippa 11 times in the first hour :shock: and just knew today was not going to be a good day :roll:

We had a sign made that says 'It's not the only way is Essex, it's the only way is Pippa's'

Last edited:
Back