• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think you'll have anymore rabbits?

I will always have a pair of rabbits, if/when I lose either Pippa or MJ I will offer another needy rabbit a home. I can't imagine not having a bunny now, I wanted one for years and I'll never not have one

Due to my health problems I will only have the one pair as I now know that's my limitations although if my hubby ever relents I would love a housebun

Well I am not allowed anymore rabbits right now. :roll: :p But definitely I will have more in the future. God forbid, but if I was to lose either Maddie or Ebony, I couldn't get another rabbit, as I'll be going to uni in a few years.

I do know that I will never have another outside rabbit. They are soo much better off inside, now that I've experienced both in and out I really see that. (Just my opinion). I wish my mum would allow me to have Ebony inside too. :cry:

A couple of years ago I vowed to only adopt/foster elderly rabbits from now on. But the best laid plans sometimes go a bit wrong.......

....Crunchie came here because she was being terrorized by dogs...then Ferris and Beaster because their owner was letting them live together un-neutered...then Radar came because his owner was given bad advice by a breeder and ended up with too many rabbits and they tried to sell him on Ebay :roll:

Amy

As much as I love my two, I doubt I will get any more :cry: :cry: They are very time consuming which is fine now but I think it could be very difficult to cope and spend enough time with them if we had a family

I'll always have rabbits I think.

When we move house again, most of them may become shed bunnies and I may just have 1 pair indoors because having 6 indoors is proving tricky.

I think I'll buy lots of sheds and runs and convert the whole garden :lol: :lol:

I will always have animals of some sort, in my usual style I'll have many of each variety. guinea pigs are like cookies, you can't just have one!! hehe

And as I am finding bunnies are also like cookies. I have had animals all my life and I guess i have learnt to cope with their deaths, afterall they do not live as long as us so why should the other animals not get a great home like mine! :D

It's a tough one. I don't think I'll ever love another pair as much as I love my two.

However, I think that I will always have rabbits because so many are mistreated. If I can give even just two rabbits a loving home, then I think I have to.

I will always have rabbits from now on. Me and my partner are crazy about animals. When we get a house we want a dog, but i want a giant rabbit as well!
Never realised what amazing little creatures they were till about a year ago when i got my first. Can't imagine my life without them now.

I will.

I have two at the moment and that's perfect for me. I do fiond them stressful when they're ill etc or when I am pushed for time, but I always make the time for them and I always make sure they have all the care they can.

I will probably keep it to a pair though - that's perfect for finding holiday homes and for the vets. Plus I don't think i could afford more.
Mine are outside now, but I'd never say never to having indoor ones and I think one day I'd love a pair of giants.

But my philosophy is on rabbit pairs...... when unfortunately one dies, the other will most definitely need a new partner (unless they are also ill), and so it's a cycle - one rabbit will keep picking another so you are never without at least one rabbit. Of course sad events happen when they both go, but generally one is usually left on their own :-(

My worry about this cycle is that say the 'cheeky' rabbit or the 'naughty' rabbit is left after a bereavement, then they might go and choose a partner in crime rather than a lovely sweet snuggly shy one lol! and so the cheekyness gets bigger and bigger as the years go on!!!

I think I probably always will have rabbits in my life. Having my two current rabbits and learning about them has given me so much insight into what a wonderful animal they are. They are so under-rated as pets and misunderstood by many people, I would love everyone to know what a strong bond can be established between an owner and a bunny. My friends and family think Im completely nuts but they've not experienced the love and joy these little animals can bring:love: :love:

Back