• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think you'll have anymore rabbits?

I may have just a pair of housebunnies after my current animals are gone, but then again i might not as they do take up a lot of my time and money :roll:

After loosing Gizmo and Charlie this month i'm getting to the point where i feel that as they're such complicated animals that i'm starting to not want anymore. :cry:
I feel that even when i go to the vet things don't always turn out as they should and something that appears to be minor, turns into something very major and they die.

Gizmo went within twelve hours and Charlie appeared to be absolutely fine in the morning and when we got home he'd died too. He'd been poorly a fortnight prior but appeared to be on the mend. He'd even seen the vet two days prior and was given a clean bill of health.:cry: :cry:

We're still waiting for some result of the PM maybe i'll feel a bit better when i have those.

I know though at the bottom of my heart if i knew of any bunns needing a home that i would give it. I can't stand to see any animal suffer!:censored:

You all are right though bunnies are amazing animals and as much as i'm hurting now i think i'll always want them in my life!!

i wouldn't have any more now. two is enough for me, and i think with every new pet you get you have to consider the time they will take and money etc and i think mady and moses are enough for us. however i would def have bunnies, and i think all my life. I think i would always have lionheads as well.

Always and forever,i have just lost my little sweet teasel and that makes me more determined to save more for her:D

Last edited:
hmmmm.... tough question.

I personally will probably not... mine are not house rabbits, and so at times they can be finniky (But i Do love them sooo much!) , and not every vet will treat them properly. I do love dogs so much, I would find it extremely hard to not own one (like now) and though they can get on together, I couldn't go to work worry-free knowing that a rabbit and a dog were together, even if the bun was cooped up.

i think if I lived in an apartment, I would prob keep a house rabbit rabbit or two if I couldn't take care of a dog properly.

a new trend... im planning on bein and old rabbit lady too :)

I'm ALREADY an old rabbit lady!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have had bunnies for about 35 years now.....and as much as it totally breaks my heart and causes me SO much pain every time one goes to the Bridge, I just can NOT imagine a bunny-free life......EVER. They are just too much a part of who I am for me to ever be without them.:D :D

Everytime I make a mistake or get my heart broken by these fragile little creatures, I say never again. And everytime, I carry on. :roll: Guess I am just destined to stay rabbiting. I just think that every day I learn more and surely that knowledge is best channeled into their care whatever the risks, than left dormant while rabbits out there suffer.

Its a tough one.

I think I will always have rabbits, but they might not be mine. I will probably go down to one pair and use the extra time/space to foster instead.

If mine died ad I didnt get anymore I would feel they had died in vain.

I cant think of a better way of honoruing them than to give another needy bunny a home.

That said I dont think I will have so many of my own again....four is a nice number I think.

Honestly - this is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. With Ruby gone and Millie ill with her abscess, I have been thinking that **if** the absolute worst happened and I lost Millie too (thankfully not a likely option, but still something that has run through my mind many times:( ) would I be able to carry on and get another rabbit?

The truth is - I think I would be way too devestated by the loss of my girls to even think about other rabbits.:cry: But then again, I couldn't imagine my life without them. A very tricky one....:?

As a side note - when my wonderful heart cat Ollie passes away there is absolutley no way I could get another cat - not for years anyway. He is like a brother to me - losing him would honestly be like losing a best friend.:cry:

As long as I'm well, there will always be a rabbit or two in my life and piggies and hamsters:lol: , without my fury friends I often have nothing to get up for:(

I had Starsky 8 years ago and he was a real character. In them days T.V.s had their own cabinets so no worries about chewing wires and he really did love coming inside. He would lay beside the fire like a dog, chewed up all the xmas pressies once night, but I could never be angry or shout at him. Had a butter wouldn't melt in my mouth expression.:lol:

I had my baby before I had my son ( no excuses there). Unforunately Starsky died ( for some unkown reason) when he was about 1 year old.

Hubby still reminds me now how one day he got an urgent phone call at work (he works on chemical sites so can't take mobiles) and the whole site was worried something had drastically happened. They all thought it was a human catasrophe but I had merely shut the whole chemical site and plant down (costing probably thousands of pounds) to tell him down the phone that Flopsy had died.

Well I am afraid I don't care how much it cost to shut down half of the north east - I had lost my bun.

I was pregnant at the time so hormones had part to do with it. Could never get another bun though - always thought if I had another it would die and I couldn't take that.

It has taken me 8 years and my son to persuade me to get my baby and I don't regret it but I do hope he lives forever and forever.

Jo

I have decided that i dont want any more rabbits after my 2... but this is a decision i have plainly made now i dont know what will happen in the future :)

If it was not for people like us the no' of abused buns will go up so we all have to fight on and not decrease but to increase instead.:D

Back