• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have a prejudice...

I saw a lot of buns before settling for mine, but I just didn't feel anything towards the Lops or Lionheads when I saw and handled them.

No-one was more surprised than me by this :shock: but I guess we can't predict things like that. I love cottontails, so I guess that's why I prefer buns that look more like that :D

I love all buns really, theres no real prejudice, although there are some breeds I don't think should be bred, same with dogs. I don't agree with english lops being bred due to their hooge ears as it must be a hassle for them, and isn't there a type of bun whose face is too short which makes them more prone to pasturella among other problems? I could be wrong about both of those breeds, its just my personal opinion, and it wuldn't make me turn down either, I just don't see why they should be bred if they have a lot of trouble.:)

I don't like netherland dwarfs, although my first rabbit mickey was one. I don't know why I don't like them but I don't.

I used to not like rex rabbits, but I am completly potty about them right now and would love one:love:

Lionheads are mys favs, I just adore them. and the fluffier the better. I fancy a black one right now, but I'm a little low on space until my current two are bonded.

i do prefer buns that like cuddles, but will love anything really. after all, we wouldn't want to be rejected because we anti social would we? there are times when I could have cheerfully given up on Bunnykins and Lily, but I'm glad I didn't.

vikki

Not fussed....but if I really had to find something to be picky about, I would rather have a buck than a doe!

To those that have admitted not liking longhaired breeds, I can see your point having had a cashmere here for a while....she ws very time consuming, but absolutely gorgeous none the less.

I don't mind really. I always seem to go for the ones that no one else wants because of either their looks, personality or health. I chose Bob because he had no ears and I felt sorry for him and thought no one else would want him.

i go a lot on personality - sometimes a particular bunny just grabs at my heart strings. we did get frida from a petshop - there were loads of bunnies in there and i never intended to bring her home but i just couldnt leave her there - she came straight to me and to this day she's still a mummy's girl.

i do love lops though - the larger the better and until last month we had 4 and a half lops (Zeb has helicopter ears :lol: ) including a frenchie.

now we have 2 dinky fluffmeister lionheads as well. i must admit the first time i saw them i wasnt impressed :oops: . Gail saw them, fell in love with them immediately and wanted to bring them home. i thought they were a bit freakish with squashed faces and way too tiny. but the second time i saw them i thought they were quite cute and now i love them. plus they have huge personalities even though their size still petrifies me.

but i do hope when we get a girlfriend for Zeb, that he chooses a lop (and preferably a frenchie :lol: )

io'm a lion head girl through and through ! i think they are the cutest. i'm not that keen on lops cos uppies have more personity i think but some lops are lovely. not a fan of REW's.

Must add that I didn't start this thread because I wouldn't adopt certain types of rabbit. In fact, I agreed to have most of mine before I'd actually seen them.

Don't want to offend anybody :lol:

Amy

I have no real dislikes to any type of buns. I prefer big eared buns to smaller eared ones. Sometimes I would say the bigger the bun the better ... where is Darcy :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to say I wouldn't get a really small breed rabbit because my bunny proofing in the flat wouldn't ever be good enough...but having adopted Beatrix she is pretty small and so far I've managed (did have to get a new tv stand:lol:). I go for personality more than anything and how we bond. They have to feel happy too.

I wasn't keen on the look of lion heads at one point but the more I see of them I think they're gorgeous!! All bunsters are gorgeous to me....I may not go for a really long haired breed tho as it might make my ashtma worse..:)

Sometimes I have to buy the first cuddly toy I pick up cos I don't want it to feel rejected :roll: :D

I'm like that...:oops: I can't bear to leave a cuddly rabbit toy if its been "abandoned" in the charity shop..i just have to adopt it, sorry buy it!:oops: :rolleyes: :lol: These days now that I have 4 bunnies I'm able to stop myself doing that as I say to myself "You have 4 real bunnies at home that want their own toysies" and that stops me. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm like that...:oops: I can't bear to leave a cuddly rabbit toy if its been "abandoned" in the charity shop..i just have to adopt it, sorry buy it!:oops: :rolleyes: :lol: These days now that I have 4 bunnies I'm able to stop myself doing that as I say to myself "You have 4 real bunnies at home that want their own toysies" and that stops me. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have an excuse to buy cuddly bunny toys. I give them to my children. :lol:

I have 4 lop eared rabits an i ust admit there my faverite breeds, i just love there lop ears:) i have recentl take a liking towards both dutch rabbits after seing some in P@H whcih where gorgeous and netherland dwarfs, the next time i get a rabbit i'd like it to be one of those types.

i love them all but i'd prefer up-eared to lop-eared (just because i don't want to be reminded of our previous buns who died), short haired rather than longhaired(because of maintance) and 'boring' colours (because no-one wants them usually). although, i'd take in any bun if it appeared on my doorstep.

But do you really end up giving them to the kids??;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, honestly!! But I always get to cuddle them when I say goodnight to the boys. :D

As for the cuddliest "real" bunnies, I have to say that Dutch are on top of my cuddly list, despite their rather "unfluffy" fur. :lol: And their character is really special.

Back