• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do "vibes" work?

Very interesting opinions - I don't "believe" in vibes in the sense that it has any effect upon the animal, situation etc, but I do think that moral support and encouraging messages have a positive effect on the person who reads them, which may help them cope emotionally and/or be calmer which may help the situation.

I guess more for those that think focusing thoughts etc CAN have a direct effect, do you therefore think vibes could be dangerous? Can thinking they have an effect give people false hope? can people end up relying on vibes to help a situation? Or think if they dont get enough vibes that there is a risk there will be a bad outcome?

I think vibes of support are a good thing.

I think they work because they make the person caring for the sick rabbit calmer and more confident.

The rabbit will sense this and in turn become reassured.Also the tone of a persons voice can affect the rabbit-
so if the person is upbeat saying eg
" ooh we've had loads of good vibes for you today Jasper!" the rabbit will pick up on the upbeat tone in the voice and the smile and this will help in some way the rabbits recovery.

I also think negative vibes work the same way.

sue:wave:

I once discussed a related topic about humans with an eminent professor of neurosciences & head of an MRC unit.
It had be found by clinical trial in USA that patients who had a religious faith & knew they were being prayed for, recovered significantly more quickly from heart attacks & major abdominal surgery. To the annoyance of 1 group, there were no differences in outcome between the major faiths!

I suggested that we were seeing a natural phenomenon. We came to the tenative suggestion that patients who were prayed for, felt less anxious. The effect on the body would be to change the metabolism from adrenalin driven tissue breakdown, to conditions favourable for tissue repair. ie we felt that relief of stress through other humans was a factor to be considered in a speedy recovery. Old fashioned nursing care & bedside manner!

I don't believe that we can change the material world simply by power of thought. It is more about changing the state of mind, & through that the body's metabolic processes.

To offer moral support to the person posting about a sick Rabbit and to show them that I care. I dont believe 'vibes' have any 'magic' powers to 'cure' the Rabbit but they can offer some comfort to a distressed Rabbit Care Giver.

Ditto! I appreciated the vibes sent for Benson and Lola recently!! :wave:

Back