• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma: School Bunny U.D Been contacted AGAIN 29.08

I've spoken to the teacher caring for the injured rabbit today as she wanted to know why he had started to growl at her and I led the conversation round to the issue of rebonding which they have wisely decided against. They cannot take on any other rabbits so I have suggested alternative ways to house them but offered to take one if they cannot find a workable solution.

She did mention using the P@H adoption center :? but I pointed out that our two stores were under council review last year and nearly lost their pet shop licenses...so hopefully that train of thought has been abandoned!

The school caretaker spoke to me again last night on behalf of the school and they would like to turn the beaten rabbit over to me, BARC have very kindly offered him a rescue place so I am just hoping the school follow through now and get in touch.

I'm not sure but it sounds like they may have been foolish enough to try a rebond. :(

Idiots :censored:
So glad there surrending the bunny though - atleast itll come to no more harm :)
I dont think schools should have animals like rabbits personally.
The nursery I worked in got one and it was left in a tiny hutch all day,terrorised by kids and it was found one morning with a harness on it, so tight its eyes were buldging from its head. and it was me who ended up having to care for it in the holidays. Eventually the nursery manager took it home for her kids!

Would you believe, after 5 months, I have been contacted about this bunny AGAIN! He will be coming to me in September if all goes to plan, but based on previous experience I will believe it when I see it.

He is currently living with one of the parents, the one who was medicating him after his surgery to repair the damage his brother caused.

Would it help quoting the Animal Welfare Act where it states that animals need to be:
* housed with, or apart from, other animals....
* protection from pain, suffering, injury.

They are blatently crossing the line with both items by forcing two animals to live together that don't want to be companions (assuming it's not a one-off). They *could* be breaking the law by persisting with this if the buns really shouldn't live together :(

Spot on. Its outrageous.

I can't believe this is still ongoing ...... and they reckon they've been too busy to ring? :shock::shock: I'm really hoping it all goes ahead this time, the poor boy. :(

Why can't they get the parent to get intouch with you and hand it over sooner. Flamin idiots if you ask me:roll:

Why can't they get the parent to get intouch with you and hand it over sooner. Flamin idiots if you ask me:roll:

It is the parent who has been in touch with me but as I explained to her I get married in 9 days and am away for 16....there is no where for him to go until September now.

Back