• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dave's video - opinions please, really worried U/D P41 bad news all round/ U/D P51

Well we have had bad news and more bad news this morning. :(

Firstly Dave has been admitted. They think it is more than likely a teeth problem but could not see in his mouth at all while conscious as his tilt was so bad by the time he arrived at the vets. They also think the tilt means he is struggling to keep his airways open, although his actual breathing is OK if you see what I mean. He will be having a GA today so they can have a real good look in his mouth but we are all really concerned as to how he is going to cope with it :(:(

Sinbad also went for a check up due to his excessive drinking. The vets technical term for his problem was - His kidneys are stuffed :cry: But he is happy at the moment so all we can do is spoil him for the time he has left. He can't be castrated now so it will be lots of human snuggles from now on, which he loves. I'm totally gutted as I love this boy to pieces and he deserves so much better after the life he has had so far.

We discussed Bic's progress as we are very concerned about his lack of interest of food and over interest in the water bowl. The vet said his outlook isn't good and it is likely he has some kind of congenital defect which will severely shorten his life. However he is too small and it would be too much stress to investigate further at this point :(

Finally, Mini Mouse has blocked oil ducts in the top of her eyelid but they shouldn;t cause her any problems as such. Her claws are falling out from a vitamin B deficiency due to 9 years of living on crushed oats and no veg :( She has a good diet here but unfortunately the damage has already been done. We saw the herbally vet today so she is going to look into a potion for Mini to take which will hopefully help her :)

Think thats it, and its only 10 O'clock

We are about to take Daisy to the vets as dave is lost with out her, and we need all the vibes we can get to pull him through today please

This is how Dave slept last night, he has never done it before :(

P9230897.jpg

P9230896.jpg

I'm so sorry you had such a rubbish appointment.

I just want to wrap Dave up in the biggest snuggle ever. Shame doing that can't heal him/them :(

I'm so sorry Liz.

Oh no, what a rubbish day. :(

I shall send lots of vibes for all the buns, but especially Dave going through his GA. I really hope he'll be ok, he's so lovely. :love:

Oh no, I'm so sorry - especially as there doesn't seem to be good news for any of the bunnies. :(:(:( I'm sure Dave will appreciate having Daisy with him. :love: She looks very concerned in the photo. Sending lots of vibes. xx

Sorry about all your bad news Liz :( Poor Mini - I hate that she's suffering just because of poor diet, this could so easily have been avoided :( :( Will be thinkin gof them all especially poor Dave xx

Poor Dave, that photo breaks my heart. :cry: I'll be keeping everything crossed for him and hoping for some good news later.

I'm so sorry about all the other bunnies with problems. I know I always say it, but I really don't know how you keep going, it must be so draining emotionally.

Huge hugs for you and Steve. xx

Dave is OK :):) But we are none the wiser :(

He had tiny spurs but they weren't causing any problems and certainly wouldn't explain the drinking.

She had a good look in his mouth and there doesn't appear to be anything abnormal :( Her best guess is that it is neurological as he does have a lot of problems in that area.

Because of his problems I can't see that taking it any further would be in his best interests. He can't travel by car anyway as he rolls so badly.

Like the vet said, while he's happy we keep going and when he's not we don't.

It concerns me how much he has deteriorated in the past week or 2 though, but we will try to stay optimistic and hope he has many happy months ahead of him....

Glad he has come through the GA. Dave and Daisy have been such a great love story. :love: Sending them both vibes and hoping they can remain happy for some time.

I too am glad he came through the GA. It would have been nice though if it was something 'fixable' like spurs. I'm sorry the news isn't good Liz, but he's lucky to be with you because he has the best :)

Poor Dave!
So sorry I've only just been back online after being FAR too distracted by Jilly Cooper :oops:
Almost sounds to me like the water is going in to his cheek and then he is having to suck it back in to swallow it?
Glad he came through the GA ok...he's such a little fighter :love:
Have you tried the 'on the wonk' guys? They might have come across something similar with some of their wonky buns?
Fingers crossed for everyone else too

I'm very glad he's come through the GA, but sad to hear there's no real answers. I hope he'll have a lot of happy time left in your excellent care :)

Only just seen this - lots of vibes for Dave, Sinbad, Mini Mouse and Bic. Sorry you didn't have better news today. Glad Dave got through his GA ok, hope him and the others have lots of happy times left with you xxx

I'm so glad Dave made it through ok; it must be disappointing and a worry to not have any real answer after all that though. :(

Back