• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dara- U/D 11th April - Much Better :-)

Sending lots more vibes for sweet Dara. I hope that she continues to improve. Also sending lots of vibes for your other poorly rabbit.

Topping up the vibes for Dara, I’m so glad she is starting to improve. Sending lots of vibes for the other poorly bun too xx

Thank you all for your support. Dara he just spent quite some time eating hay. I am hoping that this is a good sign x

Chomping, thats got be a good sign, keep going Dara xx lots of vibes for the other poorly bun, it's in good hands xxxx

Two poorly buns to look after. You certainly have your hands full but with your care they both have the best chance of recovering.

Topping up the vibes xxx

Dara has started to show small signs on improvement. She is eating a bit of hay for herself and her temperature is now normal. Her chest is still very crackly though, but at least she is not mouth breathing any more.

If she pulls through this I have no idea what to do re future vaccinations. I suppose it's best to put that worry on hold or now.

I have another poorly baby Rabbit here too, also in isolation. I have resorted to using disposable barrier nursing outfits as I cant keep up with all the laundry I am generating !

I hope Dara gets better soon! If I were you, I probably wouldn't vaccinate again - reactions tend to get worse everytime. I would try to talk with your vet to know if myxomatosis and HVD are really a problem in your area (it's not always the case) and see if you can find some other solutions - in her old age, I stopped vaccinating my previous rabbit, as she had gut problems and tended to get ileus after every shot. I thought considering her age, the risk was just too great. I mean, in life, there are risks with everything but for me, the risk of her dying from the vaccination sounded greater than the risk of her getting infected by an illness. She was living inside and I put mosquito nets on the windows and the door to lower the risks.

Dara is feeling a lot better this morning :) She is eating for herself, although she is very snuffly sounding as she does so. Her chest sounds less crackly and her temperature has remained normal for about 36 hours. I am a lot more optimistic now. She will remain on abx for at least 14 days. Thankfully she is very good about taking her meds.

Thanks so much for all of your support. I really am very grateful :love:

I have just taken this pic of Dara :love:

xmaJjgR.jpg

Great news! :D Seems to have been caught just in time. It's awful how well they can hide their illness from us!

Oh that's great news to start the day. The photo of her shows a much brighter bunny, sparling eyes, awareness and great perky ears. Hope Dara continues to improve and topping up the vibes. x

I'm so pleased and also relieved. What a gorgeous bunster she is :love: How's the other poorly one?

What a difference from the last photo you posted, she looks like a different bun now. So pleased that she's doing so much better. Hope other little bun is doing ok xx

So glad to see Dara looking brighter. Was the pneumonia connected to the vaccination or just a co-incidence?

Glad the other little one is doing better too. Bunnies who find their way to you are very lucky.

Topping up the vibes and prayers xxx

Back