• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Damn Fireworks 😡 Dara & JJ Gut Stasis. U/D Both Now Better :-)

he’s more responsive now and just passed a small string of hard poo. The first output in over 24 hrs.

Thank you for your support x

Poor lad. Come on J.J., please come through this. ((((((((Eating and pooping vibes))))))) xxxxx

Sending improvement vibes for J-J. Hope he will have more output soon and start eating.

Sending more vibes for JJ. How is he taking the syringe feeds?
Quite well. I am only giving him the smallest amount in the feeding range as I don’t want to bloat him up. He is having Emeraid Critical mixed with mashed up Science Selective Pellets.

Over the last hour he’s started to eat hay and some forage. He’s passed some more strings of poo with a few very soft abnormal shaped fecal poo. Good gut sounds now too. I don’t want to say too much too soon as past experience with him has taught me that he can go back downhill again after an apparent improvement. Our Vet will be calling in again later.

Oh I do hope he's turned the corner and will come all the way back to normal a.s.a.p. More vibes on the way for him. I hope you'll all be able to completely relax soon. xxxxx

Thanks everyone, he’s definitely a lot brighter now and more enthusiastic about his hay eating. His eyes no longer have the ‘anxious’ look either. He has a very obvious expression when his tummy hurts. Not sure it’s something that anyone who doesn’t know him would notice though. It’s not eye squinting, it’s just his eyes look anxious.

Really hope he won’t go downhill again x

Back